About Me

My photo
I am a MATURE student in life and University. I am a mom to a 21 year old Daughter(How did that happen?) and university student. Mom to a busy 10-year-old boy. Wife of Jack-of-all trades for 29 years. Sister and friend to many. Sharon just lucky I guess.

“Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.” Oscar Wilde

"Be yourself; everyone else is already taken." Oscar Wilde

Welcome to my new and improved Blog.


I decided it was time for a change!

I write this Blog for me, no one else, just me. It is a way to think outloud, and to share my experiences with the world. Maybe some will be interested and some will not, and who knows, I might figure something out myself. I will talk about whatever comes to my mind, and sometimes it is hard for me to do, but I will do it anyway.

I enjoy photography so you will see a lot of my work. I love to read and you will see quotes from my favorite authors. Generally follow my life as try to obtain my undergrad in Art History and English at Carleton University.

Please read, enjoy and comment, open disscussion is welcome.

Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Man of the Moment

Miranda's play is this week. Man of the Moment. It's a diffiuclt play to put on but I sure they will shine all of them.

She is oh so nervous, but in a good kinda way and thrilled. Just thrilled. Apparently she is the last one out on the cutrain call. As in most plays the last couple out are the leads. She is the lead. She just seems to think she isn't. But she has this just for herself. Her first time ever. I hope the audiance will jump to it's feet and applaud. I hope she is so totally amazing, that the other people in the room see it as much as I do. I know I will jump to my feet when she comes out. BUT I'm her MOM! How could I not?

This is what she wants to do with her life. Part of me is scared for her because it is a hard life. You have to be able to take and deal with rejection. And still keep going. This part of me wants her to do something, anything else. But she loves it.

The other part of me wants her to go and DO IT! To chase her dream. To not be afriad to work hard and to LOVE IT. To be Strong and keep her morals, get somewhere on her abilty which she has in spades. I would have loved to have done the same thing. She is smart and quick and I know she can do it.

So here's to you my Dear. YOU Do what you think is best. Mommy is her to catch you anytime you need. And Tomorrow Night when you take your curtain call, Enjoy the feeling and the moment. Your Father and I will be standing, applauding and Proud that you have the courage and the natural ability to perform.


Break a leg.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Miranda going into the theater, summer 2006.

3 comments:

BeachMama said...

What an awesome tribute. She will shine I am sure of that. Her first time as a lead? Won't be her last, rest assured.

Break a Leg Chickie!

nancy said...

She'll do great!

twinmomplusone said...

have fun being the lead Miranda!

let your pride shine through mom!

congrats