About Me

My photo
I am a MATURE student in life and University. I am a mom to a 21 year old Daughter(How did that happen?) and university student. Mom to a busy 10-year-old boy. Wife of Jack-of-all trades for 29 years. Sister and friend to many. Sharon just lucky I guess.

“Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.” Oscar Wilde

"Be yourself; everyone else is already taken." Oscar Wilde

Welcome to my new and improved Blog.


I decided it was time for a change!

I write this Blog for me, no one else, just me. It is a way to think outloud, and to share my experiences with the world. Maybe some will be interested and some will not, and who knows, I might figure something out myself. I will talk about whatever comes to my mind, and sometimes it is hard for me to do, but I will do it anyway.

I enjoy photography so you will see a lot of my work. I love to read and you will see quotes from my favorite authors. Generally follow my life as try to obtain my undergrad in Art History and English at Carleton University.

Please read, enjoy and comment, open disscussion is welcome.

Monday, December 11, 2006

Here they COME!

Yes Finally!

I finally download my pictures of my ktichen. I was waiting for the new LIGHTING to go up. And it did yesterday. Saturday night we all went out and bought new lights for the kitchen. Over the island we had a 3 light track light but no tracks. I 'm not sure what to call it. And I wanted 3 separate lights or pendant lights hanging down over it. First I had picked this blue glass one but Jack didn't like it he was afraid it didn't suit the house. So we looked some more. I couldn't find a light for over the table so I guess it was a good thing we looked together. What we got was sooo much nicer and it suits the house and ME. Now we have to paint the window and put the frames on, Plus the base boards and the cove mouldings I want at the ceiling but that will come after Christmas and may take some time. I'm really enjoying having a room that looks almost finished.

So what do you think? Not the typical Kitchen colours but I like them. Although I wish the brown walls were browner. BUT I got out voted on Rusty Nail. Looks like poop I'm told but I liked it. i had a friend who had it and I thought it was awesome in her ktichen. So we ended up with Pilgrimage Foliage. Now I have to get at the back splash that I have been collection recipes for , for the last 3 or four years. I'll post a picture when I get that done.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
The Kitchen before I put stuff back in and on a Sunny Day

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

My new lights over the Island...Like them. Good deal too, $29.00

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

I even have one over the sink not jsut a light bulb.

So there you have it. My New kitchen. I LIKE IT.

5 comments:

nancy said...

How the hell do you keep your kitchen so clean and tidy? Anyway, it looks awesome and the new lights look stunning. Can't wait to see the rest of your projects, but thanx for sharing!

Silver Creek Mom said...

I took everything out of the room and haven't put it back in yet. Otherwise total Kaos. LOL!

Thanks for the compliement though.

jo(e) said...

I love the warm colors. It looks beautiful.

twinmomplusone said...

I really REALLY love it all: the warm colors, teh new lighting. Great job, you must be happy to have it done!

So what's next?

Silver Creek Mom said...

my hallways and stairwell, but after Christmas.

Too pooped and sick to do it now.

;)