About Me

My photo
I am a MATURE student in life and University. I am a mom to a 21 year old Daughter(How did that happen?) and university student. Mom to a busy 10-year-old boy. Wife of Jack-of-all trades for 29 years. Sister and friend to many. Sharon just lucky I guess.

“Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.” Oscar Wilde

"Be yourself; everyone else is already taken." Oscar Wilde

Welcome to my new and improved Blog.


I decided it was time for a change!

I write this Blog for me, no one else, just me. It is a way to think outloud, and to share my experiences with the world. Maybe some will be interested and some will not, and who knows, I might figure something out myself. I will talk about whatever comes to my mind, and sometimes it is hard for me to do, but I will do it anyway.

I enjoy photography so you will see a lot of my work. I love to read and you will see quotes from my favorite authors. Generally follow my life as try to obtain my undergrad in Art History and English at Carleton University.

Please read, enjoy and comment, open disscussion is welcome.

Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Question for all you males out there.

What is up with you undieing amusement with your body parts?

I never really had to face this with my Daughter but with my young lad it's constant. Just before Christmas Nathan was talking about weiners and saying that word every sentence.And yes he was assocoating it with his pen*s I'm was hearing about every 5 minutes and that's on a slow day. Mommy look at my weiner. Your a weiner face. And any word that rhymes with it.

It's sad. Tiring even.

I've tried to settle it down. And it has settled abit. Without making a BIG deal aobut it, but it is steady. SIGH.

Now I have taught my young man the correct terms for his genti*ls. One day he had his hand in is bottoms and I asked what he was doing. He said he was removing his pen*s from is scrot*m. ( I don't want x-r*ted traffic here so that why the *) So he knows the terms.

I'm sure he learned this word at school. I've talk to him about the correct terms and it has slowed down abit. I think being away from school helped that. BUT even when he is running around in the buff he is showing it off and laughing and fake pe*ing on things.

I guess I'm a woman I will never totally understand all this. So I thought I would ask and see what comes up. And you don't have to be a man to answer. What do you say when this comes up in your 5 year old? To you ignore it or try to calm it down and now say to much about it?

I'm curious to see what answers I will get.

2 comments:

BeachMama said...

ACK! Is this what I have to look forward too? Right now we do not use the technical terms. I chose that due to sheer fact that I don't need to hear him talking about it technically all the time. I do find that he loves to show it off every now and then, and especially watch it jiggling when he dances in the shower.

Mark (Lord of the Idiots) said...

Tyler is doing the same thing at 10 years old though he calls it his "tentacles". Normal male behavior I guess.