About Me

My photo
I am a MATURE student in life and University. I am a mom to a 21 year old Daughter(How did that happen?) and university student. Mom to a busy 10-year-old boy. Wife of Jack-of-all trades for 29 years. Sister and friend to many. Sharon just lucky I guess.

“Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.” Oscar Wilde

"Be yourself; everyone else is already taken." Oscar Wilde

Welcome to my new and improved Blog.


I decided it was time for a change!

I write this Blog for me, no one else, just me. It is a way to think outloud, and to share my experiences with the world. Maybe some will be interested and some will not, and who knows, I might figure something out myself. I will talk about whatever comes to my mind, and sometimes it is hard for me to do, but I will do it anyway.

I enjoy photography so you will see a lot of my work. I love to read and you will see quotes from my favorite authors. Generally follow my life as try to obtain my undergrad in Art History and English at Carleton University.

Please read, enjoy and comment, open disscussion is welcome.

Monday, January 08, 2007

They've Left!

Ok I know it's horrible, but I'm glad they left.

They're gone.

Back to the grind.

Back to school.

Don't get me wrong I love having my kids around me. I love doing things with them. BUT boy was I glad that big yellow school bus was on time this morning. I'm not hearing loud screaming or that frustration yell from Nathan as one of his toys is doing quite what he wants it too. No more Miranda saying I'm bored or I hate doing all this math, or when can we go shopping?

Hear it?

It's true Bliss.

It's quiet. Peaceful. Even restful.

Now I can plan my life in the moment and not around what others have to do or stop what I'm doing to to do something else.

Call me selfish.

I think I needed it more after yesterday. There was a weird vibe in the air. Church was at 1:30 (Yes I go regualarly) and Jack kept poking around doing this and that. And the building it's self is 30 min drive away. Not far but not around the conner. So I have the kids in there coats and I'm getting on mine and I go looking for Jack he's checking the wine and hasn't showered yet and it's 1:10. I ask him if he knows the time and he says no and I tell him and he literaly goes "why didn't you tell me?"
HUH?

Someone forgot to how to tell time?

The drive to the building was interesting to say the least. Missed the first hymn but we got there.

Aftewards Jack asked Miranda to drive a piece so she could get some pratice and he was tired. We are going to a friends house for supper. They ended up fighting with her crying. I won't get into details after the next part it's seems trival compared to what we heard at dinner. Needless to say I think both my daughter andmy hubby needed a swift kick.

We arrive at our friends house for supper. We've known these people for over 25 years. We've been there for Everything with them. They are great friends and wonderful people. We arrive and We feel there is something out of sorts. Everyone seems a little sad. Turns out there 15 yr old daughter is not there. She has moved out. She almost died a few weeks back she drank or had 7x's the legal limit of acohol in her system. The parents are devastated. I can't blame them. I remember holding her as a baby and how proud they were of her. How does things like this happen? I know she is rebelling but drinking and letting her marks slide and moving out? And she is usually a 90 + student. What has brought her to this? Change of Friends? Just teenage angst? Has she been bullied or abused? We all felt so Sad last night for them. We talked about it all the way home, with Miranda. Although I feel I should talk to her alone about some other things. It's been awhile since we had a "talk".

I thanks God that my kids are ok ....so far....

So this morning after all that went on yesterday and over the holidays I have hugged my kids, kissed them told them I love them with all my heart, and sent them out into the world and I sit and have a quiet cup of tea and pray that all will stay as good as it is now in my life.

Peaceful with alot of intermitant noise.

4 comments:

Beachmama said...

Wow. My first question is where does a 15 year old move to? Who takes her in, how does she pay her rent? All those questions and more. I hope things work out for your friends, I am sure they still wanted you guys to come for dinner so they could have a chance to talk about it, it must be eating them up.

BeachMama - can't comment today!
Enjoy your peaceful time today, regenerate and relax.

Mark (Lord of the Idiots) said...

I know how ya feel! I awoke this morning to a quiet and empty house for the first time in what seems like forever. Now the clock starts ticking until Spring Break and the kids and wife invade again. Have a Happy New Year. Sorry to hear about your friends daughter. Mine is 16 and threatens to move out or run away every other week. Hopefully your friends daughter will move back home soon.

THETHINKINGSQUARE said...

It is nice to be back on a schedule. I thing our dog is even happy to have her early morning jaunt to the bus stop, she was ready to go as soon as the backpack was pulled out.

twinmomplusone said...

I'm cherishing my routine and my quiet ;)