About Me

My photo
I am a MATURE student in life and University. I am a mom to a 21 year old Daughter(How did that happen?) and university student. Mom to a busy 10-year-old boy. Wife of Jack-of-all trades for 29 years. Sister and friend to many. Sharon just lucky I guess.

“Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.” Oscar Wilde

"Be yourself; everyone else is already taken." Oscar Wilde

Welcome to my new and improved Blog.


I decided it was time for a change!

I write this Blog for me, no one else, just me. It is a way to think outloud, and to share my experiences with the world. Maybe some will be interested and some will not, and who knows, I might figure something out myself. I will talk about whatever comes to my mind, and sometimes it is hard for me to do, but I will do it anyway.

I enjoy photography so you will see a lot of my work. I love to read and you will see quotes from my favorite authors. Generally follow my life as try to obtain my undergrad in Art History and English at Carleton University.

Please read, enjoy and comment, open disscussion is welcome.

Monday, January 15, 2007

Where do they get this stuff?

Nathan is a smart little boy. At 5 he can say some words and know there meaning that some 7/8 year olds can say and know. He can be charoming and witty. He asks many many question most of which I can't answer and he loves to test limits. He figures he is a mature and as old as I am. HA! But this last weekend he through me for a loop and not in a good way.

Saturday Morning I'm sleeping in his bed becasue he came to sleep with me and I bascially got squeezed out. So he comes looking for me. He doesn't like to be alone when he gets up and usually I get up with him. BUT I had a hard night and didn't sleep well so I asked him to get his father up. He starts whining "NO I want you." thing. Drives me nuts. I told him no he had to get his father up and he whines abit more.

Then he says this.

"Do you want me to Kill myself?"

" What?" I said

He starts to say it again and I said "I heard you the first time. I hope you will never say something like that again and it is not a way to try and manipulate me into getting up with you and if you ever say something like that again even as a joke you will be in a BIG TIME OUT. He was quite for a long time then asks me nicely to get up with him where I told him to ask his father and he did.

But where do they hear or come up with things like that? I hope to never hear those words ever again.

No comments: