About Me

My photo
I am a MATURE student in life and University. I am a mom to a 21 year old Daughter(How did that happen?) and university student. Mom to a busy 10-year-old boy. Wife of Jack-of-all trades for 29 years. Sister and friend to many. Sharon just lucky I guess.

“Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.” Oscar Wilde

"Be yourself; everyone else is already taken." Oscar Wilde

Welcome to my new and improved Blog.


I decided it was time for a change!

I write this Blog for me, no one else, just me. It is a way to think outloud, and to share my experiences with the world. Maybe some will be interested and some will not, and who knows, I might figure something out myself. I will talk about whatever comes to my mind, and sometimes it is hard for me to do, but I will do it anyway.

I enjoy photography so you will see a lot of my work. I love to read and you will see quotes from my favorite authors. Generally follow my life as try to obtain my undergrad in Art History and English at Carleton University.

Please read, enjoy and comment, open disscussion is welcome.

Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Here she goes!

Yes People. It's here.
Tomorrow at 3 p.m. Miranda will be on a plane starting the first leg of her March break trip to Spain!
And I'm not sure how I feel about it.
On one hand I'm so totally thrilled and jealous for my girl to have an experience like this that I just can't help smiling.
10 days in Spain and Portugal. Who wouldn't love that!
BUT
On the other hand, I'm worried.
You know how a great imgination takes over and all the worst case senarios coming tumbling into my brain.
She's never been away this long from me EVER!
I know she is a smart girl but Worldly...well awww no. Some kids have travel extensively by this time. My kids have not.
I hope she will listen to her inner voice that will tell her something is wrong.
She is with a great group of people and I totally trust them all.
BUT
Most of all I hope she comes back with Memories! Lots of amazing Memories!
I hope she has the time of her life.
I hope she realizes how amazing and OLD and full of history everything is over there compared to our BABY of a Country.
I hope she holds helself proudly as a Canadian and is a wonderful embassador while there.

Sweetie. I'll miss you and I have BLAST. Mommy will try to keep it under control till you get back! Then we can lay in your bed and talk all night!
I love you!

4 comments:

BeachMama said...

Oh she is going to have so much fun!!! And you will be surprised how fast 10 days actually goes. And the memories, they will last a lifetime.

Marla said...

She'll be fine. It's not like she's like I was at her age! You will be fine too.

nancy said...

I am thrilled for her. What a true experience of a lifetime. Everything will be so great - it may very well take you both a week of sleepless nights for her to tell you everything when she returns.

Mark (Lord of the Idiots) said...

Don't worry Mom...she will be fine! Have her post some PIX when she gets back!