About Me

My photo
I am a MATURE student in life and University. I am a mom to a 21 year old Daughter(How did that happen?) and university student. Mom to a busy 10-year-old boy. Wife of Jack-of-all trades for 29 years. Sister and friend to many. Sharon just lucky I guess.

“Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.” Oscar Wilde

"Be yourself; everyone else is already taken." Oscar Wilde

Welcome to my new and improved Blog.


I decided it was time for a change!

I write this Blog for me, no one else, just me. It is a way to think outloud, and to share my experiences with the world. Maybe some will be interested and some will not, and who knows, I might figure something out myself. I will talk about whatever comes to my mind, and sometimes it is hard for me to do, but I will do it anyway.

I enjoy photography so you will see a lot of my work. I love to read and you will see quotes from my favorite authors. Generally follow my life as try to obtain my undergrad in Art History and English at Carleton University.

Please read, enjoy and comment, open disscussion is welcome.

Monday, March 12, 2007

Happy Girl, Happy Mom.

Miranda is back from Spain and Portugal. Even though they were a day later flying out and the trip was almost canceled due to delayed planes on the 2nd day; her boyfriend losing his wallet, another young lady almost lost her Passport in the Frankfurt Airport and Miranda was sick with a nasty cold. She had a great time! She is still talking about it. And that's what I wanted for her. A time to see & experience what it is like somewhere else and take in History like we DON'T have over here. She said today on day she would like to go back. This made me smile. She said at times she was so sick she could barely keep up with the tour but T carried her on his back and she said they catch phase for her was "OMG IT'S HUGE AND SO BEAUTIFUL"

I am please she got to do this with a group of people her age and she learned and had new experiences and even through sick she could still appericate it all. It was worth every cent we spent to get her there!

Here's a few pictures.

Miranda early Morning in Madrid.



She said the building were amazing and everything she saw looked like this.



A archway at some castle...I don't remember the name.


She loved the castles she said they were so ornate. No wonder people were so poor and the kings so rich she said.


Is is a monastrary in Avila her favorite town.



The walls around the Town of Avila!

More Pictures tomorrow. She took sooo many. But I won't show you them all. Just a few.

2 comments:

nancy said...

Nice pics!

BeachMama said...

I am so happy to hear she had a wonderful time, it is so sucky that she got sick. Her photos are gorgeous and hopefully she will be inspired to go back again one day :).