About Me

My photo
I am a MATURE student in life and University. I am a mom to a 21 year old Daughter(How did that happen?) and university student. Mom to a busy 10-year-old boy. Wife of Jack-of-all trades for 29 years. Sister and friend to many. Sharon just lucky I guess.

“Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.” Oscar Wilde

"Be yourself; everyone else is already taken." Oscar Wilde

Welcome to my new and improved Blog.


I decided it was time for a change!

I write this Blog for me, no one else, just me. It is a way to think outloud, and to share my experiences with the world. Maybe some will be interested and some will not, and who knows, I might figure something out myself. I will talk about whatever comes to my mind, and sometimes it is hard for me to do, but I will do it anyway.

I enjoy photography so you will see a lot of my work. I love to read and you will see quotes from my favorite authors. Generally follow my life as try to obtain my undergrad in Art History and English at Carleton University.

Please read, enjoy and comment, open disscussion is welcome.

Monday, May 07, 2007

It's Real...It Really Is.

I know I've been talking about it since the beginning of the school year. But It's going to happen in 6 short weeks.
My baby girl will be finished high school!

Where did the time go?
Saturday we took the day and went shopping for fabric for that imfamous Prom Dress. And we got it. It's a beautiful red.
We went out for supper and then to see her boyfriends Play Into the Woods, by the OSSD. Held at the Alumni theater at Carlton U. (It was awesome by the way...we loved it) Which just set it in more that my girl is going off to college and then maybe move away to university. It's not that I don't want her to go. I do. I'm just not sure any parent is ever ready for it. Well this one isn't. She so excited about the future. She wants to attend CEGEP now, where in september last year she didn't.. She can't wait for Grad and the Prom. She's looking for a job. She is getting her licence in 3 weeks. She going to be 17 for God's sake. When the hell did that happen? She is so beautiful and intelligent, funny and so ready to leave. I've guess I've done my job, but it was a short one. I thought it might be alittle longer. I guess I have to suck it up and depend on my friends to help me through. My hubby is going to be worse than me.

I'm Proud to say the least. Of her accompilishments. How she turned out. Her choices. I can't imagine my life without either of my kids. And How my life was like before is not even remembered.

Get ready people. There are going to be highs and lows in the coming weeks. It's going to be a bumpy ride.

3 comments:

twinmomplusone said...

and proud you should be! she's a beautiful young woman and you certainly have something to do with it

and its too freaky cause I was supposed to go to that same play to see a friends' daughter perform and couldn't at the last minute :(

BeachMama said...

I just can't believe she is graduating! And driving and Cegep and craziness.

You and Jack should be so proud of Miranda she is a wonderful, polite and caring woman. You guys have done a great job and now you should just sit back and enjoy.

Laurie said...

You should be proud, both of your girl and of *yourself*! I'd say you've done a fine job of raising her!

I know that I'd be a blubbering mess if I was in your shoes, so all I can offer is a hug, a nice cuppa, and a shoulder to cry on....

And I'll be coming to you for that hug in about 13 years when I'm going through the same thing, OK? :)