About Me

My photo
I am a MATURE student in life and University. I am a mom to a 21 year old Daughter(How did that happen?) and university student. Mom to a busy 10-year-old boy. Wife of Jack-of-all trades for 29 years. Sister and friend to many. Sharon just lucky I guess.

“Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.” Oscar Wilde

"Be yourself; everyone else is already taken." Oscar Wilde

Welcome to my new and improved Blog.


I decided it was time for a change!

I write this Blog for me, no one else, just me. It is a way to think outloud, and to share my experiences with the world. Maybe some will be interested and some will not, and who knows, I might figure something out myself. I will talk about whatever comes to my mind, and sometimes it is hard for me to do, but I will do it anyway.

I enjoy photography so you will see a lot of my work. I love to read and you will see quotes from my favorite authors. Generally follow my life as try to obtain my undergrad in Art History and English at Carleton University.

Please read, enjoy and comment, open disscussion is welcome.

Tuesday, May 08, 2007

Vanity

I'm not really a Vain person.
I've never been into make up in a huge way.
Or Fashion.
Don't get me wrong I like to look good or Put together and I don't like to look sloppy, but honestly I don't like what is happening to my eyes.
I have

Xanthelasma

It Looks like this

I've had it for years. My Family Doctor tells me it's Cholestorol build up under my skin and it appears there. So I'vehad my Cholerestrol checked. BUT it's within the normal range.
I've had them removed but they were back within a year. Which is typical. But I hate them. I've developing one on my lower lid. I don't want to look like this. I'm the only one on my family that has it. I've changed my eating habits and lessened my Fatty intake bit nothing is working and they keep growing. Now it won't harm my eye sight but DAMN. GO the freak away. (which they won't)

So Iguess I'm becoming vain. It's hard enough getting soft and puddy in middle age without your skin fighting with you.


3 comments:

BeachMama said...

I am vain too and not afraid to admit it. I will say that you can barely notice your xanthelasma (did I spell that right?). Was it painful to have them removed or would it be something you would try again? If it really bugs you it might be worth it to have them gone again for a year or so.

Don't feel badly, I have been thinking of plastic surgery for my scar on my belly and I am the only one who would see it for most of the year. So, yes, I can admit I am vain.

nancy said...

I have never noticed anything any time I have seen you. In fact, I still don't quite understand it? Regardless, if it is something that can be removed, and is a rahter non-invaseive procedure, can you get it done again?

I wish I could do something to erradicate my rosacea, which is getting worse, but my only real options are make-up and $3000 ++++ laser surgey...I opted for the $13 make up.

twinmomplusone said...

I for one had noticed it just cause its part of my professional training to notice these things and hadn't I brought it up with you once? didn't realize they could come back, but if the procedure was relatively non-invasive, why not go for it again?