About Me

My photo
I am a MATURE student in life and University. I am a mom to a 21 year old Daughter(How did that happen?) and university student. Mom to a busy 10-year-old boy. Wife of Jack-of-all trades for 29 years. Sister and friend to many. Sharon just lucky I guess.

“Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.” Oscar Wilde

"Be yourself; everyone else is already taken." Oscar Wilde

Welcome to my new and improved Blog.


I decided it was time for a change!

I write this Blog for me, no one else, just me. It is a way to think outloud, and to share my experiences with the world. Maybe some will be interested and some will not, and who knows, I might figure something out myself. I will talk about whatever comes to my mind, and sometimes it is hard for me to do, but I will do it anyway.

I enjoy photography so you will see a lot of my work. I love to read and you will see quotes from my favorite authors. Generally follow my life as try to obtain my undergrad in Art History and English at Carleton University.

Please read, enjoy and comment, open disscussion is welcome.

Monday, June 04, 2007

Many things have happened to give me pause to think

I've been busy to say the least and at least this week I'm home most days so I should be able to finish Miranda's Dress. It's coming along nicely thanks. Pictures to come when it's done. But many things have happened lately that make me wonder about things. Let me explain.

A few weeks back a young man was riding his motorcycle home in a thunder storm and was hit by lightening and was killed instantly. I know it was horrible. I can't imgine what the family is going through. BUT a few days later a Marker went up in the spot with his name on it and a wreath of flowers. Lately these have been going up all over our highways and roads. There are a number of themo n the highway I drive along every day and some have been there a couple of years. They are very nice crosses. It's a reminder that someones loved one has died and was killed on this very spot. I'm not sure I like this idea. Infact I think it's almost tacky. No don't get me wrong. I don't think not remembering what happened it wrong but leaving a marker to say it happened here? I don't know, is it just me? Would you do it? I know I wouldn't. EVEN if it was one of my children. I have been thiking about this for weeks wondering what the mindset is to do this so I can understand.

Last week was Track and Field Day at school. It was alot of fun and my poor guy, right along with family tradition is NO Athlete. I hated track day, I was never very fast and hated to be last and I usually was. I can deal with it now but then it was so hard. Miranda was the same and so is Nathan. He was last in most races, and wasn't very good at alot of things. BUT to his credit he did try very hard and mostly with a happy face. He was pretty sad when he found out he was not winning a ribbon. Altough he wasn't the only one. BUT was happy when he got a participation Ribbion. He's carried it around since.
Here's a few shots. (yes taken with my new camera)

Track and Field Day

I'm to THROW this?


I'm Flying!



I have to laugh in the race before this, Nathan fell and then crawl across the finish line where I raced up and said you should get a ribbion for the most inventive finish. It was too cute. I took him for a soft cone on the way home and he seemed to deal with it well. He did say to me a couple of times "Mom I hate being disqualitfied" I just kept tellinghim Yeah I hated it too but you have to do more running and stuff to get strong and may you can improve a bit. Your would be a great diestance runner. Your thin and have long legs you just have to build indurance. He just smiled and said he's try that sometime. LOL!

This is going to be a busy week.
Thursday we have a Ball game to go to. Nathan won tickets to see an Ottawa Lynx game for most overall improved. NOT Sure what that means but we are all going. He gets to go one the field and meet the players and have his name in the program. Kinda cool although none of us know anything about baseball.
Friday I get to have dinner with a great group of girls...Hi Nancy, Hi Dani, Hi Beachmom, Hi Twinmom. And a few others.
Saturday we get to go out with Friends for dinner for their 25th Wedding Anniversary.
Sunday is the Cappies!!!
June is going to fly by.

3 comments:

Marla said...

I'm jealous of your dinner! Say "Hi" to everyone for me! (And if you talk about me (and you WILL talk about me won't you?), Be kind.)

BeachMama said...

Yay Friday!! I have to keep reminding myself as I have such a busy week this week, I don't want to forget ;).

I have to comment on the cross thing. I thought I was the only one that didn't like them. It's not that I don't want people to remember their lost loved ones, but I personally can't stand driving by them all the time. It makes me get all sad and when I remember who died at each one, I end up in tears while driving. It is such a distraction that I really think it shouldn't be allowed. At least not permanently.

As for your big boy! Sorry he isn't the greatest at track, but in time he can be if he wants to. I never was either but I didn't care until later on and then I got better. Have fun at the Lynx game!

nancy said...

Nathan looks so much bigger and older!! Yikes!

Sounds like you had a very fun track & field day, no matter what.