About Me

My photo
I am a MATURE student in life and University. I am a mom to a 21 year old Daughter(How did that happen?) and university student. Mom to a busy 10-year-old boy. Wife of Jack-of-all trades for 29 years. Sister and friend to many. Sharon just lucky I guess.

“Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.” Oscar Wilde

"Be yourself; everyone else is already taken." Oscar Wilde

Welcome to my new and improved Blog.


I decided it was time for a change!

I write this Blog for me, no one else, just me. It is a way to think outloud, and to share my experiences with the world. Maybe some will be interested and some will not, and who knows, I might figure something out myself. I will talk about whatever comes to my mind, and sometimes it is hard for me to do, but I will do it anyway.

I enjoy photography so you will see a lot of my work. I love to read and you will see quotes from my favorite authors. Generally follow my life as try to obtain my undergrad in Art History and English at Carleton University.

Please read, enjoy and comment, open disscussion is welcome.

Monday, June 18, 2007

Where is June gone?

Two weeks left. Can you believe it? I can't...where did the last 10 months go?
BY The end of this week my Little Man will have graduated from Kindergarten. He is interested in school has made friends and surprised us by how well he can behave when we are not around. He is oh so curious but still easily frustrated. Although the first is a good thing the second we are still working on.
My Young Lady will be graduating from HIGH SCHOOL. Moving on to university and a new phase where she makes all her own desisons. I'm not sure I like that but I know she can handle it. I just have to admit we did a good job and move on.
This whole year seems like a whril of endless memories all crushed together.
I hope to take the month of July (It may take more though) to sort them through and remember them all. Like in that Arrowsmith song "I don't want to miss a thing"
I'm sure there is going to be alot of tears this week.
Of Pride
Of Happiness
Of Love
Of Heartbreak
Why Heartbreak?
Mostly with Miranda moving on to a new and exciting phase of her life. When she started school I have 12 years to get ready for her leaving it. I'm still not ready.
I have finished her Prom dress. She looks lovely in it. Even though she was covered in lotion she fits this dress to a T. She is beautiful.






What can I say? She is not a kid anymore.


I will take tons of pictures next week when she and T leave for the Prom. I will be taking tons of pictures just to remember these two weeks.
Even though I'm not ready...I will be there with her every step of the way. OR as many as she will let me.

8 comments:

THETHINKINGSQUARE said...

Awesome job on the dress.

BeachMama said...

Fantastic job on the dress! It looks fabulous. Can't wait to see the dolled up version. Hope she gets a touch of sun before the big event ;).

Congrats on all the accomplishments you will be celebrating in the next couple of weeks. It still blows me away that one of your kids is on the way out of school and the other is just beginning. Looks to me like you guys did a great job with both of them.

nancy said...

That is a beautiful dress, great work!! Miranda looks terrific.

Anonymous said...

Dress looks great. My youngest went away to university last year and I cried all year everytime I look at her picture which was in every room. The year does go by fast and they have a few good breaks.

Anonymous said...

Why does she need 'a touch of sun'? She looks lovely the way she is.

twinmomplusone said...

great job mom on both the dress and a beautiful confident young woman

enjoy the memories in the making

valerie said...

That is a truly beautiful dress, Sharon, not to mention how beautiful your daughter is. What a moment in your life - two graduations the same year. Not to worry, she'll always be your little girl. :)

jo(e) said...

She's beautiful!

Oh, these moments are bittersweet, aren't they?