About Me

My photo
I am a MATURE student in life and University. I am a mom to a 21 year old Daughter(How did that happen?) and university student. Mom to a busy 10-year-old boy. Wife of Jack-of-all trades for 29 years. Sister and friend to many. Sharon just lucky I guess.

“Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.” Oscar Wilde

"Be yourself; everyone else is already taken." Oscar Wilde

Welcome to my new and improved Blog.


I decided it was time for a change!

I write this Blog for me, no one else, just me. It is a way to think outloud, and to share my experiences with the world. Maybe some will be interested and some will not, and who knows, I might figure something out myself. I will talk about whatever comes to my mind, and sometimes it is hard for me to do, but I will do it anyway.

I enjoy photography so you will see a lot of my work. I love to read and you will see quotes from my favorite authors. Generally follow my life as try to obtain my undergrad in Art History and English at Carleton University.

Please read, enjoy and comment, open disscussion is welcome.

Wednesday, July 11, 2007

We have another Driver

Miranda went yesterday and passed her driving exam we now have one more driver in the family. Which is going to be great to send her on earns and stuff and to driver herself to school and such. BUT I'm really not ready for it. YOU see I'm a bit of a control freak. I would rather drive than not, even when Jack is in the car. No don't get me wrong she is a good driver no a great driver, but I still would rather drive her. SIGH.

Tents
Yup we have another tent. The one we got for Prom broke and they gave us our money back but honestly I would have been glad to get another just the same. OR NONE, BUT Jack figured we needed a better one, strong more MANLY. I HATE CAMPING. I live in the country. I have a fire pit I can put up a pool if need be. I don't need to go and fight the deer flies , black flies, misquitoes in the bush when I can do it just fine here. AND get ready to go camping HOLY FUCK that's more work than I'm willing to do and go and have FUN? YES I have camped. DIDN'T like it one bit. If you like it fine.. more power to you but I love my house and home in the summer with 100 acres all around me. Happy GIRL. I would have rather spent the money on a pool or some plants for my flower beds.
Sorry ranted there.

Here's what we had.
http://www.coleman.com/coleman/colemancom/detail.asp?product_id=9272A210C&categoryid=11020
This is what we have now
http://www.canadiantire.ca/browse/product_detail.jsp?PRODUCT%3C%3Eprd_id=845524443250704&FOLDER%3C%3Efolder_id=1408474396672304&bmUID=1184158516700
For setting it up in the yard I think it's way to expensive.

Well Gotta go do some laundry and clean up my bedroom. It really needs it.
Have a Sunny day all...looks like rain and T-Storms here.

2 comments:

BeachMama said...

I can do without the camping too, but don't mind it if I have help preparing.

Hooray for Miranda, I am a control freak to when it comes to driving, but it's good for her to have some freedom.

Oh and an hour ago it was pitch black and pouring, right now it is sunny skies. I can't handle this floppy weather.

Hope said...

good luck with the increased insurance.
I've got this camping thing licked. We have a spot on the river, and have two trailors set up there. Time to go camping, we hop on the quad and in two minutes we are there. No boiling water for dishes, I pack them up, the boy drives them up and in the dishwasher they go.
I love camping. I hate the packing and unpacking.
Works for us.