About Me

My photo
I am a MATURE student in life and University. I am a mom to a 21 year old Daughter(How did that happen?) and university student. Mom to a busy 10-year-old boy. Wife of Jack-of-all trades for 29 years. Sister and friend to many. Sharon just lucky I guess.

“Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.” Oscar Wilde

"Be yourself; everyone else is already taken." Oscar Wilde

Welcome to my new and improved Blog.


I decided it was time for a change!

I write this Blog for me, no one else, just me. It is a way to think outloud, and to share my experiences with the world. Maybe some will be interested and some will not, and who knows, I might figure something out myself. I will talk about whatever comes to my mind, and sometimes it is hard for me to do, but I will do it anyway.

I enjoy photography so you will see a lot of my work. I love to read and you will see quotes from my favorite authors. Generally follow my life as try to obtain my undergrad in Art History and English at Carleton University.

Please read, enjoy and comment, open disscussion is welcome.

Thursday, August 30, 2007

I hurt when you hurt

Darling Daughter

You deserve more.
You don't need to be treated in such a fashion.
Even though I like your friend
He is not treating you fairly now.
I see how it's eating you up and making you so insecure, so vunerable.
Worry about your every move and guess at every emotion.
I know he was being honest, but he should have let you go.
While he decides what he wants with you and his life.
By saying I'm not sure I love you anymore but I still want you to go out with is selfsih.
Totally undeniably SELFISH.

I hurt when you hurt.

Yes you love him as any teenager loves.
BUT you my dear a gem. You don't deserve to be treated with or showered with any but Full love.
You have the power, my dear, to let him go.
Even though it will hurt like crazy.

I will hurt when you hurt.

But I will be there to help you.
And if you get back together. SO Be it.
It will be his loose of you don't.
Their are other guys out there dieing to show you what you are worth.
TO show you what LOVE can be.
First Love is always the hardest.
But you will survie.
And Thrive.
He was a great first boyfriend. Kind and caring and showed you a glimps of what it is like to be treated right.
Now is the time to find YOU again and move on.
Your Beautiful.
Your oh sooo smart.
You have the world at your feet.
Now step through the door and explore.
It's what I want for you.
I love you.

3 comments:

BeachMama said...

Many Hugs to Miranda. I know exactly how she feels and it sucks that guys do this right when school starts up again.

You want to kick them in the you know where to smarten them up. It would seem that the guys are thinking there are more fish in the sea from the new school year. Twenty bucks says he will be crawling back with his tail between his legs. And I hope that Miranda has recovered enough to say 'no thanks'.

Wishing her a quick recovery from a broken heart and let her know she is not alone, it has happened to all of us and we have all found love again.

Hugs...

Hope said...

What a touching poem, it is so very true..." I hurt when you hurt" a mothers lament.

twinmomplusone said...

Beautifully written SCM