About Me

My photo
I am a MATURE student in life and University. I am a mom to a 21 year old Daughter(How did that happen?) and university student. Mom to a busy 10-year-old boy. Wife of Jack-of-all trades for 29 years. Sister and friend to many. Sharon just lucky I guess.

“Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.” Oscar Wilde

"Be yourself; everyone else is already taken." Oscar Wilde

Welcome to my new and improved Blog.


I decided it was time for a change!

I write this Blog for me, no one else, just me. It is a way to think outloud, and to share my experiences with the world. Maybe some will be interested and some will not, and who knows, I might figure something out myself. I will talk about whatever comes to my mind, and sometimes it is hard for me to do, but I will do it anyway.

I enjoy photography so you will see a lot of my work. I love to read and you will see quotes from my favorite authors. Generally follow my life as try to obtain my undergrad in Art History and English at Carleton University.

Please read, enjoy and comment, open disscussion is welcome.

Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Newfoundland Day 5

After we leave our wonderful hosts we drive as FAST as we can ( With Jack driving that's the speed limit) To St. John's. Find our B & B
The Rendell-Shea
and walk down the street to have the best sandwich I have ever had. If your eer in St. John's go to Coffee Matters and have the Newfoundland Sandwhich. Turkey Lettuce and Tomatoe with stuffing and partiage berry sauce. YUMMMY !
With a truffle for dessert and a great Coffee you can't go wrong. After lunch decided to see Signal hill.
If you know anything about Canada you know this is where Marconi recieved the first wireless message from over seas. It's a historic sight and OH WHAT A VIEW! We decided to hike the the trails . I thought you just went to the bottom and stopped thenhiked back up. But I asked a Runner and he says no it goes allt he way around then you hike back up through the Battery and get your car at the top. (OK I thought this runner was nuts. YOU SHOULD SEE THAT HILL!) so much for 1.7 km hike. we did over 6 km. !!! I was abit stiff after we stopped and sat for awhile. Nothing a good glass or two of wine couldn't cure. :0 )

So here's a few shots from our Trip awound the Hiking trails on signal Hill. A must do, but not with young children. I would ahve no hair left IF I had taken Nathan.
Loverly coast line.

Jack at what looks like the edge. Scarey for me.


St. John's Light house at the Narrows.
Jack and the St. John's harbour


The Battery, which is the fishing villiage part of the town. Not much goes on there now. Sad really.

Well I'll stop there for today. There's alot more I want to show you of St. John's.
Yes I'm like your old Aunt Marg who shows you slide shows till you fall asleep of their trip. BUT You can tune out.

;)

Have a great day.



2 comments:

THETHINKINGSQUARE said...

Your photos are gorgeous!! i love the east coast.

BeachMama said...

Love the photos! I have yet to get to Newfoundland, but you are showing me a lot ;).

Big question though... how did you do without the kids? Will this be an annual trip sans enfants or was it too hard to travel without them?