About Me

My photo
I am a MATURE student in life and University. I am a mom to a 21 year old Daughter(How did that happen?) and university student. Mom to a busy 10-year-old boy. Wife of Jack-of-all trades for 29 years. Sister and friend to many. Sharon just lucky I guess.

“Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.” Oscar Wilde

"Be yourself; everyone else is already taken." Oscar Wilde

Welcome to my new and improved Blog.


I decided it was time for a change!

I write this Blog for me, no one else, just me. It is a way to think outloud, and to share my experiences with the world. Maybe some will be interested and some will not, and who knows, I might figure something out myself. I will talk about whatever comes to my mind, and sometimes it is hard for me to do, but I will do it anyway.

I enjoy photography so you will see a lot of my work. I love to read and you will see quotes from my favorite authors. Generally follow my life as try to obtain my undergrad in Art History and English at Carleton University.

Please read, enjoy and comment, open disscussion is welcome.

Thursday, September 27, 2007

Books! Books! and More BOOKS!

Yes!

I love to read....when I get the chance. My life these days is crazy and I hardly had time at all to sit down and read. My favorite place is my back deck in my big blue muskoa chairs. (or the bathtub where I block out the sounds around me with fans and stuff) Life was so crazy that they didn't get the use they should have and for that I'm sorry.

But I digress.

This week was Nathan's school Open House. Where we get to elect parent reps for our school Governing Board (Jack Raised his hand and is now on!) And we get to talk to the teachers and find out what the programs are like in kids classrooms. Plus you get a few mintues to find out how things are going. I enjoy these informal nights. They are a great way to get a rapore with the teacher and Nathan's teacher is a sweetie.

After all this I find out there is a book swap. For Adults! The school is also trying to encourage adult literacy. In our school this is a problem. Alot of Parents don't have time or are able to read. Which shows in the children. BUT alot of the parents didn't go to even see what books were there. Jack and I both went and were begged to take as many books as we wanted and then some, but of course the teachers know we love to read. Jack is always reading even when there are commericals on t.v. while watching it. I can't do that at all. Although Miranda was not much a reader when she was young. She's a good reader but now she sees she should have read more and it would be an advantage to her now. Not that we didn't try. She just wasn't a big reader. No where near what I was when I was young. Nathan on the other hand seems to be getting more and more involed with books now that he can read abit. OH the excitement we can share!

I love getting books. I love being at Chapters for a day just browsing the books with a coffee in hand. I love used book sales. I love Yard sales...books is where I go first. I love gift cards that people send me. I love trading books with my mom's group.
HI GIRLS!
I love talking about books in emails with them too. So you can imgine my excitement when I came home with all this!




It felt like Christmas and I can't wait to get into them , and one of them already own but I picked it up from Miranda's boyfriend but it turns out he has read it and it's a fav of his. Darn!
I wish I could read them all at the same time.

And it's not like I don't have a stack of books already waiting for me to get to them. Tempting me to read my life away. So any books too few hours. Time to get Jack to build me a "waiting to read" book shelf.

1 comment:

nancy said...

I see a couple in that pile that would interest me.....hint hint.