About Me

My photo
I am a MATURE student in life and University. I am a mom to a 21 year old Daughter(How did that happen?) and university student. Mom to a busy 10-year-old boy. Wife of Jack-of-all trades for 29 years. Sister and friend to many. Sharon just lucky I guess.

“Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.” Oscar Wilde

"Be yourself; everyone else is already taken." Oscar Wilde

Welcome to my new and improved Blog.


I decided it was time for a change!

I write this Blog for me, no one else, just me. It is a way to think outloud, and to share my experiences with the world. Maybe some will be interested and some will not, and who knows, I might figure something out myself. I will talk about whatever comes to my mind, and sometimes it is hard for me to do, but I will do it anyway.

I enjoy photography so you will see a lot of my work. I love to read and you will see quotes from my favorite authors. Generally follow my life as try to obtain my undergrad in Art History and English at Carleton University.

Please read, enjoy and comment, open disscussion is welcome.

Tuesday, September 04, 2007

Last and First

Last.

Last week Nathan ended up having the best last day of summer EVAR... well for a boy like him. Went to the school to fill out some paper work for my job there. Did I mention they offered me a part time job?
I'm helping out at lunchtime with the older kids and on pd days in the day care.
YEAH! Mad money.
So after that we went to McD's for lunch and hug out int he play area.
When we came home his uncles where here spreading fertilzer...the" au natural" kind that makes people goes Pweh!
My boy got dirty. Rode in the tractors and even got to ride back to Grandpa's farm in the BIG dump truck. Let me say he was dirty and happy when he came in for supper and was out like a light at 9. Happy boy.


Here's my dirty happy boy.

Those shoes were so dirty I couldn't let him wear them to school!

First
School is back in!
Wednesday was Nathan's first day in grade 1. Let me say he was not happy to get up and go. Wanted to sleep and didn't want to eat and didn't want to go on the bus. Not a great start to the school year.
Worst of all there is NO PLAYTIME in grade 1!
Whatever shall we do?After arriving he was glad to be there he was fine after seeing all his friends and racing around the school yard.
Sitting in his desk.

He looks alittle scared here. This is no kindergarten.
But coming home on the first day was not great, the bus never showed up so we all had to go and get them. Made Nathan not a happy camper.
Thursday he was grumpy to say the least and spend and hour and half in his room when he got home screaming over silly stuff.
Friday we sort have settled down but was not liking getting up.

Yesterday was a holiday and Nathan seen his principal and went up to her and asid that "School Rocks" and gave her a big hug! And today we had a happy boy who couldn't wait to get out the door to go to school!

Think we have passed the hump and made it back to routine!


1 comment:

BeachMama said...

Wow, I can't believe how grown up Nathan looks! And Grade 1? Unbelievable really. How great that he got to experience a wonderful last day of summer vacation, awesome that they asked you to work at the school, and fantastic that Nathan got over the return to school blues. May he have a wonderful year full of oh so much excitement.