About Me

My photo
I am a MATURE student in life and University. I am a mom to a 21 year old Daughter(How did that happen?) and university student. Mom to a busy 10-year-old boy. Wife of Jack-of-all trades for 29 years. Sister and friend to many. Sharon just lucky I guess.

“Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.” Oscar Wilde

"Be yourself; everyone else is already taken." Oscar Wilde

Welcome to my new and improved Blog.


I decided it was time for a change!

I write this Blog for me, no one else, just me. It is a way to think outloud, and to share my experiences with the world. Maybe some will be interested and some will not, and who knows, I might figure something out myself. I will talk about whatever comes to my mind, and sometimes it is hard for me to do, but I will do it anyway.

I enjoy photography so you will see a lot of my work. I love to read and you will see quotes from my favorite authors. Generally follow my life as try to obtain my undergrad in Art History and English at Carleton University.

Please read, enjoy and comment, open disscussion is welcome.

Thursday, October 04, 2007

Ode to the Broken

I love tea.

I love the art of making a good cup of tea.

I love to drink a good cup of tea.

I enjoy the art of making a good cup of tea.

Making sure the water comes to a rolling boil. Not just hot water, it has to boil and be good and hot to release all the flavors of of the leaves. It has to sit in the pot for a good 5 minutes to release the flavors. And then watching it pour into the cup.

I'm not particular (well not too much) of what cup I use. It has to be ceramic or china not glass. I find glass cools it too quickly.

I had a number of teapots.

Yes "had".
http://www.blogger.com/post-edit.g?blogID=11169529&postID=7254328836714971562


And you know how it goes. You go for years and you never break anything but in the last couple of months all of my 4 cup pots have been broken. Nathan broke one and I broke another. I had a few more but they too fell pray to my ceramic tile floor.

None of my teapots were worth alot of money. A couple I had bought at dollar stores. I was always going to get me one of those one cup teapots. I also one one of those teapots where you can make loose leaf tea. Never did.

I love colourful teapots. Plain teapots. I have a 12 cup teapot. When that is full man is it heavy to try and life. I have a beautiful cream coloured 8 cup pot that I won. I love that one.
http://www.blogger.com/post-edit.g?blogID=11169529&postID=7254328836714971562

I guess what I like going and picking one to suit my mood.

Nothing calms me or relaxes me or warms me up faster than a good cup of tea with a freind.

I guess I'm on the hunt for a few teapots.

So if you come over we can have a cup of tea.

No comments: