About Me

My photo
I am a MATURE student in life and University. I am a mom to a 21 year old Daughter(How did that happen?) and university student. Mom to a busy 10-year-old boy. Wife of Jack-of-all trades for 29 years. Sister and friend to many. Sharon just lucky I guess.

“Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.” Oscar Wilde

"Be yourself; everyone else is already taken." Oscar Wilde

Welcome to my new and improved Blog.


I decided it was time for a change!

I write this Blog for me, no one else, just me. It is a way to think outloud, and to share my experiences with the world. Maybe some will be interested and some will not, and who knows, I might figure something out myself. I will talk about whatever comes to my mind, and sometimes it is hard for me to do, but I will do it anyway.

I enjoy photography so you will see a lot of my work. I love to read and you will see quotes from my favorite authors. Generally follow my life as try to obtain my undergrad in Art History and English at Carleton University.

Please read, enjoy and comment, open disscussion is welcome.

Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Sleeping Hand


DSC_3689
Originally uploaded by Photoshar
I think for the next little while unless something exciting happens ( like I do manage to get Bon Jovi tickets on Saturday!) I will be posting photos I have taken. I'm really enjoying my camera and I tend to take it everywhere. I still need to take a course to be able to use it to it's full potential. But for now, every couple of days I will post something I have taken, and there is a lot.

This is a shot of my newest niece sleeping, in my kitchen. The light was just right and how at peace her hand was struck me. I love this shot so much I had to share.

5 comments:

nancy said...

THAT is a beautiful photograph. Well done!

twinmomplusone said...

a picture a day, I love that idea, I was doing that when I started my blog but then somehow that idea ran away

I'm looking forward to seeing many more of life's moments through your camera lens :)

Silver Creek Mom said...

Thanks ladies.

I really do have to go and take a course. I so totally love be able to take huundreds of shots and not be wasting any film. I have quite a few now that I want to blow up and frame. TOTALLY LOVE THIS CAMERA!

BeachMama said...

That is a fabulous shot. I need one like that of Apple's little hand :).

kate5kiwis said...

hey chick, that is one exquisite photo, my friend clare has a babygirl who's three weeks old (i think, difficult to remember when it's not your own baby lol) and we had cuddles at the park yesterday. so perfect, so sweet, so new...
*cluck cluck*
X