About Me

My photo
I am a MATURE student in life and University. I am a mom to a 21 year old Daughter(How did that happen?) and university student. Mom to a busy 10-year-old boy. Wife of Jack-of-all trades for 29 years. Sister and friend to many. Sharon just lucky I guess.

“Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.” Oscar Wilde

"Be yourself; everyone else is already taken." Oscar Wilde

Welcome to my new and improved Blog.


I decided it was time for a change!

I write this Blog for me, no one else, just me. It is a way to think outloud, and to share my experiences with the world. Maybe some will be interested and some will not, and who knows, I might figure something out myself. I will talk about whatever comes to my mind, and sometimes it is hard for me to do, but I will do it anyway.

I enjoy photography so you will see a lot of my work. I love to read and you will see quotes from my favorite authors. Generally follow my life as try to obtain my undergrad in Art History and English at Carleton University.

Please read, enjoy and comment, open disscussion is welcome.

Tuesday, November 06, 2007

I'm back from Montréal!

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

I know it's not far from here for me.
Only a little over an 1.5 hours.
I never seem to go.

But not this weekend.

This was my annual MGW weekend. We rented 2 suites and hug out and ate and drank and talked and talked,and laughed. Oh did we laugh! I love it. I love these women. I met all of them over the internet. YES I know a total faux pas. Not something one should do. But these faceless ladies shared simialar trials and tribulations to me. We all were on a internet board where we shared a common goal of children. Some having them, some adopting them. And then Parenting. we share and help each other out. We became close. We decided meet. We began playgroups, Started going for dinner and then POOF we decided to go on weekends.

And this is our fourth year and I think one of our best years. It was Awesome. We shopped. We toured. We ate. We drank. We laughed and laughed. We traded gifts. Went out for Dinner. And did whatever we bloody well wanted. It's not like we hung out all together all the time. We did run off and do different things. The only rule is we do dinners together. First night we order in and the next night we pick an awesome resturant and get gussied up and go out. And it's awesome. These woman know me better than anyone else. They are NOW in the turest sense of the words CLOSE FRIENDS. And I thank my lucky stars that I had the guts to meet them and that we have become friends.

Ladies
I thank you for one awesome weekend. And you know who you are. (sorry no photo's)

And Thanks you Montreal for becoming one of my most favorite Cities! Maybe we should go back every 2nd year?

3 comments:

twinmomplusone said...

I so love that picture and I'm so glad you guys made it to Old Montreal during daylight and even took the metro! its such a beautiful place, full of history and amazing architecture, one of my favorite places.

wow, the 4th MGW, how time flies

hopefully we get to meet up at the 5th one!

jo(e) said...

That sounds so wonderful!

BeachMama said...

I am so happy I could just meet up with you guys for dinner. One year I will make it for the full weekend :)