About Me

My photo
I am a MATURE student in life and University. I am a mom to a 21 year old Daughter(How did that happen?) and university student. Mom to a busy 10-year-old boy. Wife of Jack-of-all trades for 29 years. Sister and friend to many. Sharon just lucky I guess.

“Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.” Oscar Wilde

"Be yourself; everyone else is already taken." Oscar Wilde

Welcome to my new and improved Blog.


I decided it was time for a change!

I write this Blog for me, no one else, just me. It is a way to think outloud, and to share my experiences with the world. Maybe some will be interested and some will not, and who knows, I might figure something out myself. I will talk about whatever comes to my mind, and sometimes it is hard for me to do, but I will do it anyway.

I enjoy photography so you will see a lot of my work. I love to read and you will see quotes from my favorite authors. Generally follow my life as try to obtain my undergrad in Art History and English at Carleton University.

Please read, enjoy and comment, open disscussion is welcome.

Friday, November 30, 2007

Photo and Life in General

It's been over a week since I have even had time to get on here. I've been working. They have had 3 PD's day's at Nathan's school, I've work at the day care on these days. It's been fun so far. We had a Viking theme and I burned a disc of my visit to L'anse aux Meadow. Painting a Viking Mural and measuring out how big there long boats would be etc...The kids loved it. They are having so much fun. Nathan loves being there too. Although when I'm there he is alittle clingy.

Today is not an easy day. Jack's Company was bought out by another one over a year ago, and they said today is involuntary termination day. Love the term. Jack says all week has been like a wake. People really not working. Standing around talking. These peopel really get along and are a great team. They would have to be to have the company make over 3 billion dollars last year. Yes that is not a misprint.Moral is at a all time low, and no one knows who is going. They are treating them like children. It's stupid. No one is allowed to be near windows until lunch. People are to sit at there desk till there boss takes them to the Head of the departement, where they will be told they are Teriminated. They keep saying it's not personal it's buiness. Of Course that is true. BUT It is in a way. It's personal because the human element is left out of this. These people have families and it's 24 dayd till Christmas. It is sooo Inhuman. I could go on and on but I won't. Human dignity is gone. And no one is being treated like an adult. It begins and I won't know till after lunch if Jack has a job. He said he would leave and come right home. He says I might the only bread winner for a while. NOW I when I wish I had a good job or a degree to get a good job.

Breaths in. Breaths out.

Here's the same bus a few weeks back.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

And here it is this week.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Have a good weekend all. I hope it is around here.

No comments: