About Me

My photo
I am a MATURE student in life and University. I am a mom to a 21 year old Daughter(How did that happen?) and university student. Mom to a busy 10-year-old boy. Wife of Jack-of-all trades for 29 years. Sister and friend to many. Sharon just lucky I guess.

“Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.” Oscar Wilde

"Be yourself; everyone else is already taken." Oscar Wilde

Welcome to my new and improved Blog.


I decided it was time for a change!

I write this Blog for me, no one else, just me. It is a way to think outloud, and to share my experiences with the world. Maybe some will be interested and some will not, and who knows, I might figure something out myself. I will talk about whatever comes to my mind, and sometimes it is hard for me to do, but I will do it anyway.

I enjoy photography so you will see a lot of my work. I love to read and you will see quotes from my favorite authors. Generally follow my life as try to obtain my undergrad in Art History and English at Carleton University.

Please read, enjoy and comment, open disscussion is welcome.

Friday, December 07, 2007

Santa's

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Do you believe?
I sure do.
Not the store mall ones.
Just everyday run of the mill ones.
The ones we don't even know about.

I was over at Beachmama's reading about how she was brought up knowing there was no man in a red suit. Part of a Christian up bringing. By BIL does the same with his kids. Tells them the legend but the the man we see plaster all over is is just a marking ploy. And he's right, to a point. Yes this is a religious holiday deicated to the birth of Christ. I will not argue there. But what about the magic of it all? Isn't that part of it to? The Birth of Baby Jesus inspired this man St. Nicholas to care enough to make toys for Children. I think it's so important for kids to believe and imagine that they're are people out there who care. Who love them. Who are watching out for them. Otherwise this world can be a cold hard nasty place for a child. I see it every day at the school. They need to feel this love and this spirit.

I believe in the spirit of Santa Claus, St. Nick, or whatever you call him.
I believe that at this time of year St. Nicholas's spirit and loving live's on in you and me.
And it's not just in gifts, it's in the little things.
When you open a door and let someone go ahead.
When you smile at a stranger.
When you visit a older loved one.
When you let some one in in traffic.
And it is also when you buy a gift for a under privelaged child, or a book.
Or send out a Christmas Card to a person
And teach your child that there are people with a whole lot less than them
When you give that homeless person a loonie or better yet buy him a coffee and something to eat.

So I'm going to let my Child Learn about Christmas.
Learn that through a baby, a selfless man became a Icon to million of Children.
And no one can take that spirit away from me.

Merry Christmas all.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

3 comments:

THETHINKINGSQUARE said...

I love your photos.
They are wonderful.

BeachMama said...

Great photos. And great post. There will always be a little Santa in my heart :).

jo(e) said...

Great post!