About Me

My photo
I am a MATURE student in life and University. I am a mom to a 21 year old Daughter(How did that happen?) and university student. Mom to a busy 10-year-old boy. Wife of Jack-of-all trades for 29 years. Sister and friend to many. Sharon just lucky I guess.

“Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.” Oscar Wilde

"Be yourself; everyone else is already taken." Oscar Wilde

Welcome to my new and improved Blog.


I decided it was time for a change!

I write this Blog for me, no one else, just me. It is a way to think outloud, and to share my experiences with the world. Maybe some will be interested and some will not, and who knows, I might figure something out myself. I will talk about whatever comes to my mind, and sometimes it is hard for me to do, but I will do it anyway.

I enjoy photography so you will see a lot of my work. I love to read and you will see quotes from my favorite authors. Generally follow my life as try to obtain my undergrad in Art History and English at Carleton University.

Please read, enjoy and comment, open disscussion is welcome.

Monday, December 03, 2007

SNOWDAY!

Remember way back when you were young and you knew it was going to snow you would get up and listen to the Radio hoping there was no school today because of all that SNOW.

Well today is a SNOWDAY!

When I heard that we were getting a Huge Snow storm from the States (THANKS for sharing guys!) I figured that the buses wouldn't run. But it was better than that, they closed the schools...it's been maybe 7 years since they have done that.

Why am I all excited about a SNOWDAY You ask?

Well it reminds me of being a kid. And all the fun that surprised Holiday had in store for us. Sliding making snow angels. shoving just because it's fun and just plain walking in the snow. And boy is there enough of it.

Plus
It's the perfect day to start baking for Christmas and make a big old POT of Beef Stew.
Or Soup.
Maybe write a Christmas Card or two.
Maybe Nathan and I will decorate the house for Christmas.
Oh and maybe just sit and read by the fire with a good old cup or tea or hot chocolate.
I love the feeling of being isolated and safe.
No one comes over and I don't have to go anywhere.
I'd be crazy to run earns on a day like today...so I won't.
Plus since I started my job at the school I'm out of the house everyday.This is the first day in weeks I get to stay home all day.
I didn't wash my hair!
To all of you out there who had to travel and go to work. I feel for you.
But I'm sooo glad it's a SNOWDAY!
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

6 comments:

http://www.quietfish.com/notebook said...

Snowdays are great, aren't they? You totally got me craving some stew!

nancy said...

We enjoyed a snow day too!!

twinmomplusone said...

wow, even your schools were closed?

we had a great snowday too and I too "love the feeling of being isolated and safe."

THETHINKINGSQUARE said...

I had a great snow day too! One of the perks of being Canadian eh.

BeachMama said...

that is the one thing I don't like about walking J to school. there really aren't any snow days. I wanted to keep him home so he could experience it but Hubby wanted him to go. Thankfully Hubby's bus didn't come so I didn't have to bring Apple out in the snow as it would have been hard. I miss snow days.

Love the photos.

BeachMama said...

You are too funny!!! I am commenting on your comment at my blog today!!

Yes, there is a Santa Claus and the one we saw yesterday was at Bayshore. He had an accent that I want to say was Irish, but he was fabulous. He just took that extra minute to make J's day.

And I have a constant spell checker on my new computer and it is killing me to see all the words I thought I was spelling correctly all this time have been wrong. I am afraid to think of all my spelling mistakes these last couple of years... I always know what you are saying that is all that matters.