About Me

My photo
I am a MATURE student in life and University. I am a mom to a 21 year old Daughter(How did that happen?) and university student. Mom to a busy 10-year-old boy. Wife of Jack-of-all trades for 29 years. Sister and friend to many. Sharon just lucky I guess.

“Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.” Oscar Wilde

"Be yourself; everyone else is already taken." Oscar Wilde

Welcome to my new and improved Blog.


I decided it was time for a change!

I write this Blog for me, no one else, just me. It is a way to think outloud, and to share my experiences with the world. Maybe some will be interested and some will not, and who knows, I might figure something out myself. I will talk about whatever comes to my mind, and sometimes it is hard for me to do, but I will do it anyway.

I enjoy photography so you will see a lot of my work. I love to read and you will see quotes from my favorite authors. Generally follow my life as try to obtain my undergrad in Art History and English at Carleton University.

Please read, enjoy and comment, open disscussion is welcome.

Monday, December 17, 2007

When it was all said and done!

42 cm! of Snow!
Yesterday we got a Winter Storm. Last winter we didn't get any snow till after Christmas, and it was pretty warm. We were taken aback this year when the snow came and DIDNT leave. We had a few snow storms and even a snow day. YEAH SNOW DAYS! So when Enviroment Canada said there was a a server winter storm warning out. We took notice. The worst area was hit with over 50 cm of snow. (about 2 feet) Here in my yard I measured 42 cm of snow. I measured last night before I went to be and it was about 37 cm at that time. (about a foot and a half) Montreal Got a snow Day. Ottawa has schools open and no buses running. But we get schools open and ALL buses running. Although I can understand it. We're small so it's abit easier to keep the main road clear. There were times I could not see the fence in front of my house and needless to say the road. Just POOF! Poor Jack had to blow out the lanes twice. Just to be sure he coudl keep ahead of it. He's going to be tired when he gets in form work tonight.
And of course here is a few pictures.


Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
looking out my driveway. Can you see the road? I can't.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Our back deck with a round Plastice table PILED with snow.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Our back deck this morning. Yes it's almost level to the rainling with snow. We'll have to shovel it off.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
My fence with the Christmas lights. The fence is buried.

I wonder if it's gonna be a WHITE CHRISTMAS. ;)

No comments: