About Me

My photo
I am a MATURE student in life and University. I am a mom to a 21 year old Daughter(How did that happen?) and university student. Mom to a busy 10-year-old boy. Wife of Jack-of-all trades for 29 years. Sister and friend to many. Sharon just lucky I guess.

“Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.” Oscar Wilde

"Be yourself; everyone else is already taken." Oscar Wilde

Welcome to my new and improved Blog.


I decided it was time for a change!

I write this Blog for me, no one else, just me. It is a way to think outloud, and to share my experiences with the world. Maybe some will be interested and some will not, and who knows, I might figure something out myself. I will talk about whatever comes to my mind, and sometimes it is hard for me to do, but I will do it anyway.

I enjoy photography so you will see a lot of my work. I love to read and you will see quotes from my favorite authors. Generally follow my life as try to obtain my undergrad in Art History and English at Carleton University.

Please read, enjoy and comment, open disscussion is welcome.

Monday, January 21, 2008

Prediction & Winter Fun

Remember my last post about the weather? Just the one before this? I predicted a cold snap with more snow. Well I was right. HA! Not that it was hard to predict since I live in Canada and it is Januray and we haven't really had COLD weather yet. BUT... This morning it was -20 F or -27 C. Freaking F*cking COLD!

But in a secert way I like it. I feel this is my time to clean out all the toxin's I may have breathed in during the year. To me nothing feels more purifing than breathing that cold cold COLD air in. Tomorrow they are calling for snow. Not alot but snow.



So enough about the weather.



Last Friday Nathan's school had a Snow Fun day. They had the afternoon to play some games out side. They had toggan races, hoop snow targets, snow scoccer baseball, snowman building and Sliding. And even though the wind was hitting 60 k at some points it wasn't that cold and the kids loved. it. Nathan was starving after all that. Ate a Kids meal from McD's and then his supper. LOL! I love it when they get them outside. The school for events like this has the kids placed in Tribes. They basically take some kids from all classes and put them in a group that they make a name up for. The kids stay together in this group through out all the years in the school. The old kids are to help with the young ones and it teaches them to be responible and to respect and help the little ones and it alos makes it more of a community. I love it. There is a couple of boys in grade 6 in Nathan's tribe that have taken him under their wings. He adores them and they love him to peices. They encourage the little ones to try and that is awesome.

I really got to see how it worked for myself and the teachers had nothing but good things to say at the end of the day. It was a happy Fun day.

I've been having trouble getting the pictures up on Photobucket. But I have a few from Friday and here they are. If I can get more UP I'll add them later.

Photobucket
The tobbgan races. What FUN.

Photobucket
Snow toss.

Photobucket
Common' PULL!

Photobucket
Nathan lovin'every minute of it!

1 comment:

BeachMama said...

Wow that looks like so much fun. I remember those snow days from my childhood, they were always a blast.