About Me

My photo
I am a MATURE student in life and University. I am a mom to a 21 year old Daughter(How did that happen?) and university student. Mom to a busy 10-year-old boy. Wife of Jack-of-all trades for 29 years. Sister and friend to many. Sharon just lucky I guess.

“Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.” Oscar Wilde

"Be yourself; everyone else is already taken." Oscar Wilde

Welcome to my new and improved Blog.


I decided it was time for a change!

I write this Blog for me, no one else, just me. It is a way to think outloud, and to share my experiences with the world. Maybe some will be interested and some will not, and who knows, I might figure something out myself. I will talk about whatever comes to my mind, and sometimes it is hard for me to do, but I will do it anyway.

I enjoy photography so you will see a lot of my work. I love to read and you will see quotes from my favorite authors. Generally follow my life as try to obtain my undergrad in Art History and English at Carleton University.

Please read, enjoy and comment, open disscussion is welcome.

Friday, February 08, 2008

Haven't had one of these in a while.

Photobucket

A long while.
I'm scared of the blank pages that stare back at me.
Just daring me to pick a pencil and go.
To use my mind to create.
But my mind stares blankly at the page, unsure of what do to.
You see I used to sketch and paint.
Watercolours.
Eons ago.
Now that I'm working at the school, they want me to paint a mural with the kids in the after school daycare.
AND I'm afriad.
Afraid that I have lost my ability to draw.
To paint.
To direct.
To create.
I haven't done any of that since way before Nathan was born.
In way I really want to do this again.
But I'm just not sure I can.
Don't feel worthy.
BUT I guess I will see how this goes.
But I can't help but worry.

4 comments:

Northern Mom said...

It's like riding a bike!!
You can do it

BeachMama said...

I agree with Northern Mom, you can do it!!!!!

jo(e) said...

I hope by now you've just dived right back in.

THETHINKINGSQUARE said...

Start with a nice cup of tea and some doodles. I'm sure your creative talents will come shining through.