About Me

My photo
I am a MATURE student in life and University. I am a mom to a 21 year old Daughter(How did that happen?) and university student. Mom to a busy 10-year-old boy. Wife of Jack-of-all trades for 29 years. Sister and friend to many. Sharon just lucky I guess.

“Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.” Oscar Wilde

"Be yourself; everyone else is already taken." Oscar Wilde

Welcome to my new and improved Blog.


I decided it was time for a change!

I write this Blog for me, no one else, just me. It is a way to think outloud, and to share my experiences with the world. Maybe some will be interested and some will not, and who knows, I might figure something out myself. I will talk about whatever comes to my mind, and sometimes it is hard for me to do, but I will do it anyway.

I enjoy photography so you will see a lot of my work. I love to read and you will see quotes from my favorite authors. Generally follow my life as try to obtain my undergrad in Art History and English at Carleton University.

Please read, enjoy and comment, open disscussion is welcome.

Wednesday, March 12, 2008

And so it Begins

Well at least I hope it begins.

Photobucket

Yes they are calling for more snow but I'm sure the Sun will catch up and melt all this white stuff.
Can you tell I'm fed up with it?

In Other News
I am still working on my application to University. I think I've picked the program and the School I want. I'm hoping they will take me. I have my daughter lined up to help me with essay writing. YEAH! I'm hoping they have a online program so I can get back into the swing of things this summer. I may be too late but it can't hurt to try. Jack is insistent on I try it first. I guess he knows me well. I tend jump in with both feet sometimes and then look around. I told him think of this as my mid life crisis...instead of fancy car or a facelift, I want to get my degree and make some money of my own for awhile. LOL!
I think I've thought this through well enough. (at least I think I have) There can be nothing wrong in reaching for Higher education.
They want to know what I have been doing for the last 25 years. When I think about it, I've done tons.
That's my update for now.

2 comments:

kimberly-ann said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
kimberly-ann said...

Sorry, that was me as the first commenter, but clicked send before i was ready too.....
so..I will try again.
f the University that you have chosen does not offer online courses..check out Athabasca University. I had a meeting with my Dean yesterday and he told me that if i wanted to do online, i could do it there and just transfer the courses to my University.

Us "returning" students have to stick together. Also...if you are looking at OSAP, or any gov't assistance, make sure that you check into what is considered "full-time"...For me, it means taking threee courses instead of two.

Glad to hear you snow is starting to melt...ours is too, but we didn't get quite what you guys all got. Windsor is in the banana belt, so we get spared a lot of the snow that the rest of Ontario (and the rest of Canada) gets