About Me

My photo
I am a MATURE student in life and University. I am a mom to a 21 year old Daughter(How did that happen?) and university student. Mom to a busy 10-year-old boy. Wife of Jack-of-all trades for 29 years. Sister and friend to many. Sharon just lucky I guess.

“Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.” Oscar Wilde

"Be yourself; everyone else is already taken." Oscar Wilde

Welcome to my new and improved Blog.


I decided it was time for a change!

I write this Blog for me, no one else, just me. It is a way to think outloud, and to share my experiences with the world. Maybe some will be interested and some will not, and who knows, I might figure something out myself. I will talk about whatever comes to my mind, and sometimes it is hard for me to do, but I will do it anyway.

I enjoy photography so you will see a lot of my work. I love to read and you will see quotes from my favorite authors. Generally follow my life as try to obtain my undergrad in Art History and English at Carleton University.

Please read, enjoy and comment, open disscussion is welcome.

Thursday, March 27, 2008

The Glass Menagerie

Miranda's play "The Glass Menagerie" by Tennesse Williams Opened last night at Heritage CEGEP.
I couldn't say enough about it.
So I won't.
Pictures say it better.
They are grainy becasue I took them at a high ISO so I wouldn't need the flash.
It kinda suits the era I figure. Tonight I hope to be abit closer to get better pictures.
I couldn't have been more prouder of Miranda and her performance. It was so totally different from who she is. She pulled it off Magificently! And so did the others of the cast. And that is not just a Mother talking. Listening to others talking after they were blown away by it!


Laura & the menagerie
Laura and the Menagerie

Laura and Tom
Larua and Tom Wingfield
Laura sets eyes on her crush from High School
Laura Meeting her Gentleman Caller
Laura & the Gentleman Caller

Amanda and Jim
Amanda Wingfield (the mother) and Jim O'Conner

Jim and Laura Chatting

Jim gets Laura to Dance
Shall we dance?

Jim about to Kiss Laura
Jim telling Laura how beautiful she is.

Photobucket
When this kiss happened a bunch of the girls in the audience went Ahhhhhhhh! Which made Miranda and Matt very happy because it came across with the desired effect.

The last scene where Tom is talking about why he left and how the guilt of leaving Laura follows him, had the whole Audience in tears...yes me too. I was so mesmerized I didn't take a shot.

So If your in the area the next 3 nights...GO.

No comments: