About Me

My photo
I am a MATURE student in life and University. I am a mom to a 21 year old Daughter(How did that happen?) and university student. Mom to a busy 10-year-old boy. Wife of Jack-of-all trades for 29 years. Sister and friend to many. Sharon just lucky I guess.

“Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.” Oscar Wilde

"Be yourself; everyone else is already taken." Oscar Wilde

Welcome to my new and improved Blog.


I decided it was time for a change!

I write this Blog for me, no one else, just me. It is a way to think outloud, and to share my experiences with the world. Maybe some will be interested and some will not, and who knows, I might figure something out myself. I will talk about whatever comes to my mind, and sometimes it is hard for me to do, but I will do it anyway.

I enjoy photography so you will see a lot of my work. I love to read and you will see quotes from my favorite authors. Generally follow my life as try to obtain my undergrad in Art History and English at Carleton University.

Please read, enjoy and comment, open disscussion is welcome.

Monday, March 17, 2008

Old Faithful is Gone.

And not that we are sad, but just thankful you lasted as long as you did.
I don't know how many articles you have processed over the years, but it must have been thousands.
You hardly gave us a moments grief.
Sure you broke down but were fixed and kept on trudging.
You had a break in summer, I used the wind to do what you do.
When we bought you were already used and well used, the salesman said you were about 10 to 15 years old then, and we have had you 25 years. Yes we could have fixed you again, but it's time you retired.

Old Faithful

Your squeak drove me nuts.
Goodbye old friend.
Hello new one.

The Newbie

You have a tall order to stand up to.
Are you going to last 35 + years?
I hope you are as energy efficient as they say your are.
I do love your Huge Shiny interior.

Ahhhh Stainless Steel TUB

But we will see how things go.

Good by to old Faithful...Hello New Shiny Machine

1 comment:

BeachMama said...

oooh... shiny and new. Congrats, you'll love it for sure.

And do tell about the course!! I couldn't get into one that was at the right time for me. I will soon :)