About Me

My photo
I am a MATURE student in life and University. I am a mom to a 21 year old Daughter(How did that happen?) and university student. Mom to a busy 10-year-old boy. Wife of Jack-of-all trades for 29 years. Sister and friend to many. Sharon just lucky I guess.

“Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.” Oscar Wilde

"Be yourself; everyone else is already taken." Oscar Wilde

Welcome to my new and improved Blog.


I decided it was time for a change!

I write this Blog for me, no one else, just me. It is a way to think outloud, and to share my experiences with the world. Maybe some will be interested and some will not, and who knows, I might figure something out myself. I will talk about whatever comes to my mind, and sometimes it is hard for me to do, but I will do it anyway.

I enjoy photography so you will see a lot of my work. I love to read and you will see quotes from my favorite authors. Generally follow my life as try to obtain my undergrad in Art History and English at Carleton University.

Please read, enjoy and comment, open disscussion is welcome.

Monday, March 31, 2008

This University Thing,& the Menagerie

I'm doing it.
I really am.
I'm not the bravest person, but thank God I'm stubborn.
I just called the university and made an appointment to see what or how I should come back. April 9th at 1:30. I'm excited.
I'm scared.
I'm doing IT!
I will keep you updated.

And the Glass Menagerie Closed Saturday night to the dismay of the Actors. They loved performing every night. Miranda said she was totally in love with the character of Laura. She loved playing her. The cast totally enjoyed each and every performance and they had good crowds for every night. Friday night, I sat and watched and didn't take a picture. It was fun to watch some of the reaction of the audience around me. The Father of Matt had not been told about the kiss. I heard him gasp. Then he tells me after Matt had not said on word about this. And then the closing monolgue by Tom had a whole row of Miranda's girlfriends bawling. One was still crying 1/2 hour after. It was a great show. I was surprised at the crowds that turned out. Apparently one of the editors of one of the local papers showed up on Thursday night and totally enjoyed it. He went home and emailed everyone he knew and told them to go and see this play. And on Saturday night a number of people came, and said this is what happened. WOW Word of mouth and email works wonders in this day and age.

Here's a few more shots , alright a lot more shots. And I will withdrawl with the final curtain call.
Best shot of Tom
Best shot of Tom

Best shot of Amanda
Best shot of Amanda

Photobucket
Laura in her world.

One of my best shots of Laura
Laura after fainting.

Amanda talking off Jim's ear.
Amanda talking Jim's ear off.

Photobucket
Meeting Jim
Shall we dance?
Jim going in for the dance.

Photobucket
Yes this is the kiss that made the audience everynight go Awwwwwww.

A souviner
A souvenir

Laura crying as Tom says he closing Monoluge
Laura missing Tom, while Tom is talking about how he misses his sister.

Go read the play. It's worth it.

2 comments:

BeachMama said...

Wonderful photos. Too bad the play actually has to finish it's run. Although if it kept going on then there would be nothing new to transform into. One of these days I will get to see Miranda in one of her plays.

As for you, you go girl! I know you will get to University if I have to go and hold your hand I will ;)

kimby said...

YEAH for UNIVERSITY!
Yes, I only have the two courses to take, but getting back into the swing is going to be a little harder than it was when i was going 20 years ago. i am just glad that they aren't making me upgrade the courses I already took.

The Glass Menagerie is one of my favourite plays ever written. It is a beautiful story and Laura is one of my all time favourite characters even written.