About Me

My photo
I am a MATURE student in life and University. I am a mom to a 21 year old Daughter(How did that happen?) and university student. Mom to a busy 10-year-old boy. Wife of Jack-of-all trades for 29 years. Sister and friend to many. Sharon just lucky I guess.

“Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.” Oscar Wilde

"Be yourself; everyone else is already taken." Oscar Wilde

Welcome to my new and improved Blog.


I decided it was time for a change!

I write this Blog for me, no one else, just me. It is a way to think outloud, and to share my experiences with the world. Maybe some will be interested and some will not, and who knows, I might figure something out myself. I will talk about whatever comes to my mind, and sometimes it is hard for me to do, but I will do it anyway.

I enjoy photography so you will see a lot of my work. I love to read and you will see quotes from my favorite authors. Generally follow my life as try to obtain my undergrad in Art History and English at Carleton University.

Please read, enjoy and comment, open disscussion is welcome.

Tuesday, March 18, 2008

This Univesrity Thing 2

I'm impatient.

Not most times, but when I decide to go ahead and do something I want things done now, or at least started.

I emailed the department of Art History at Carlton U...And I got an answer the same afternoon. They couldn't help me with my questions but Admissions can.

I have been waiting for an answer.

BUT

I found out it's deadline for Admissions for full time students this week.
I'm sure they are busy.

Very busy.

I've been put on the back burner I guess till next week.
I talked to a lady who went back to school this morning. She said the best thing to do is go in and talk to them. Then, get your self a Student advisor and if you click, stick with the same one to guide you on the courses you need to get what you want. I thought that was smart.

All I want to know is what I would apply to be, a Mature Student or a Speical Student because of what I want to do.

Which is to try a class, see how I do and then if I want to continue and apply that course to my degree.

I'll wait till after Easter before I call.



In Other News

I took part one of my carmera course on Saturday! It was exciting. I learned so much.It was all about the buttons on my carmera, which there are many. 3 hours of this. BUT he was an awesome, funny teacher.

Here is his website

He's been taking pictures for over 40 years.

Then they tell me they have part 2 of my camera course this Thursday. SO I took the day off work...shhhh, to go to it. I like having it close together. I will be able to apply it.



As for pictures here is a picture of Nathan on snow bank at Church on Sunday.

Nathan on snowbank at Church

Let's Jump!

2 comments:

Bonita said...

I took a course last fall with this same guy...I could have listened for hours more, he really knows his stuff and he's such a good teacher.

BeachMama said...

OOOh Maybe I will try to get him as my teacher. I am assuming you took the courses at Henry's. The one I wanted was not at a convenient time for me (4pm on a Friday! Downtown). So I am eagerly awaiting the opening of the new Henry's right by my place on Hunt Club... I am soo excited and saving my pennies.

Love Nathan Jumping!

And yes, go to the University, calling never works. Be prepared to wait.