About Me

My photo
I am a MATURE student in life and University. I am a mom to a 21 year old Daughter(How did that happen?) and university student. Mom to a busy 10-year-old boy. Wife of Jack-of-all trades for 29 years. Sister and friend to many. Sharon just lucky I guess.

“Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.” Oscar Wilde

"Be yourself; everyone else is already taken." Oscar Wilde

Welcome to my new and improved Blog.


I decided it was time for a change!

I write this Blog for me, no one else, just me. It is a way to think outloud, and to share my experiences with the world. Maybe some will be interested and some will not, and who knows, I might figure something out myself. I will talk about whatever comes to my mind, and sometimes it is hard for me to do, but I will do it anyway.

I enjoy photography so you will see a lot of my work. I love to read and you will see quotes from my favorite authors. Generally follow my life as try to obtain my undergrad in Art History and English at Carleton University.

Please read, enjoy and comment, open disscussion is welcome.

Friday, April 11, 2008

Sing

It's MY Life
It's now or Never
I'm not going to live forever.
I just want to live while I'm alive.

Yes this is line from a Bon Jovi song.
It's my favorite song...of all times.
It's an anthem for me.
Whenever I hear it I feel good and I feel strong again.

Last night I let my daughter tear apart my entrance essay.
It was my first draft.
WOW!
What an eye opener.
It's certainly not like writing a blog.
I did pretty good with my diction. I can be wordy when I sit and think about it.
BUT
I have forgotten all the grammar rules.
I'm not sure I ever knew them.
She was talking about dangling participles and stuff I have never heard of.
Not easy for the mom to become the student with her 17 year old daughter.
I tried not to take offence.
It was hard.
I was feeling pretty damn stupid today.
I should know this. I should remember this.
I know going back is going to be a struggle to train my brain again to think in that way , when all I've done in the last 17 years is wipe bums, noses and kiss boo boo's.
So
I was feeling down about myself.
Thinking...did I make a mistake?.
Can I really do this?
Now that I have opened my big mouth and told everyone what I want to do and I back out?
Big CHICKEN.
NO way I can write at a University level after correcting grammar for elementary kids for years.
Then this song came on this morning.
And you know what?
It may be a struggle but I can do it.
I'm NOT DEAD YET!
Thanks Jon.
Your words could not have come at a better moment.

2 comments:

kimby said...

You CAN DO IT!!!
I have Faith in you.
Remember, I am here if you need a shoulder...

BeachMama said...

Yes, you CAN do it! Most kids today don't have very good grammar. They all use their computers to check it for them. Miranda is an exception. And maybe you need to let her know she needs to be a bit more gentle next time. You will be fine once you start writing again.