About Me

My photo
I am a MATURE student in life and University. I am a mom to a 21 year old Daughter(How did that happen?) and university student. Mom to a busy 10-year-old boy. Wife of Jack-of-all trades for 29 years. Sister and friend to many. Sharon just lucky I guess.

“Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.” Oscar Wilde

"Be yourself; everyone else is already taken." Oscar Wilde

Welcome to my new and improved Blog.


I decided it was time for a change!

I write this Blog for me, no one else, just me. It is a way to think outloud, and to share my experiences with the world. Maybe some will be interested and some will not, and who knows, I might figure something out myself. I will talk about whatever comes to my mind, and sometimes it is hard for me to do, but I will do it anyway.

I enjoy photography so you will see a lot of my work. I love to read and you will see quotes from my favorite authors. Generally follow my life as try to obtain my undergrad in Art History and English at Carleton University.

Please read, enjoy and comment, open disscussion is welcome.

Monday, May 12, 2008

Headshot

This past week has been interesting.
One of Miranda's teachers at school, who was involed in the plays at school, got this email from a theater company looking for an actress to audition for a play. My Name is Rachel Corrie. The Teacher sent an email out to all the girls who acted this year. Miranda was not sure about this so she emailed the teacher back asking him details. He sent back that he had told them to that she would be emailing them and they should look at her. She has never auditioned for a play outside of school before so we had to get a headshot ASAP. I can't afford a head shot done by a professional at the moment and who would we get ASAP? So I called some Friends (Thanks Karyn and Matt) and they gave me great advice on taking headshot.

This is what we came up with after a few hours. Miranda is not an easy model she is totally uncomfortable in front of the camera ( even though she is sooo pretty) but after a few jokes and I played abit on the the computer with them she was pretty happy with a few. Here are some of my favorites. Pick your favorite.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

This Play is a true story based on the words of a young woman who lost her life in the Gaza Strip helping others . Look here for more info. I'm not sure it will be an easy play to do. It is up to her.

ION
We have booked our room for Stratford! We have bought out tickets! We are seeing the Taming of the Shrew and Music Man. We are in what we loveingly call the Spitzone! We are that close! Which surprised me because most of the seats were book. We're off to the side but there is not a bad seat anywhere in those buildings. The three of us are looking forward to this GIRL'S ROAD TRIP!

Have a great week!

3 comments:

andrea from the fishbowl said...

They're all great! I can't pick a fave!

Brenda said...

You want me to do what????

Choose a shot of your beautiful daughter!!! Theya re all great. But for one to send in I would say #3.

Brenda

BeachMama said...

Great shots Sharon, you did a fantastic job. Did you already have a background or did you put that in after the fact? I too 2nd the third shot