About Me

My photo
I am a MATURE student in life and University. I am a mom to a 21 year old Daughter(How did that happen?) and university student. Mom to a busy 10-year-old boy. Wife of Jack-of-all trades for 29 years. Sister and friend to many. Sharon just lucky I guess.

“Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.” Oscar Wilde

"Be yourself; everyone else is already taken." Oscar Wilde

Welcome to my new and improved Blog.


I decided it was time for a change!

I write this Blog for me, no one else, just me. It is a way to think outloud, and to share my experiences with the world. Maybe some will be interested and some will not, and who knows, I might figure something out myself. I will talk about whatever comes to my mind, and sometimes it is hard for me to do, but I will do it anyway.

I enjoy photography so you will see a lot of my work. I love to read and you will see quotes from my favorite authors. Generally follow my life as try to obtain my undergrad in Art History and English at Carleton University.

Please read, enjoy and comment, open disscussion is welcome.

Thursday, May 15, 2008

Not sure what to do.

The more I read about this poor Girl , I wonder if Miranda can handle the role. It's a huge role. It's a Heavy Role. Shakespeare would be much much easier. From the bit I have read she was such a happy person and of course so is Miranda but we all know the ending and after 10 performances what will this do to my daughter? How can you perform such an intense piece and not have it affect you? To have died so tragically how can you block that out to do the rest of the play? I'm not an actor and I know Miranda is. I just worry it will comsume her. Of course my worrying might be for nothing. She may not even get it. BUT as one of Miranda's old teachers said, "She is a very strong performer. "I agree. And her teacher would not have told her to try if he didn't think she could do it.

This whole process is totally new to us and her. We had no clue what "sides" were. Turns out it's a piece of the script that they either send you or give you before your audition. OR as you go in so you do it "cold". We have been trying to get the play but it's sold out everywhere. I have a friend who has requested it from the library and is waiting for it. I worry about the controvesy that seems to follow this play. Because I have not read it I wonder why it was canceled in cities like New York and Toronto. Miranda is mature, beyond her years. She is still my little girl. I worry for her safety much like the parent of Rachel Corrie must have when she was going to such a war torn area. OK maybe not quite the same but parent are parents and I can imgine the worry and how hard it must have been to stand back and let their child do this. As I said before I may be worrying for nothing.

I'm sure Miranda can do a masterful job of it. It's just such a sad piece becasue it's based on her diary leading up to her death. I'm just curious to read the end of it to see how they portray that. Or if they do at all.

I was to print some more head shots for Miranda to take with her on Tuesday. I tried but because I don't have a photo editing program other than the one that came with the computer I'm having trouble getting the aspect raito correct when it comes to printing. Some the photos are being cut off in weird places.
I just sent Jack out to buy me the program I need to do this. Sick of playing with stuff that doesn't do what I want.

Here's two more shots.
Photobucket

Photobucket

I want her to get the role in one way, in another I don't. I don't know where I am in this. Of course ultimatiely it is up to her. She will be 18 in a few weeks. PLUS if this is what she wants to do with her life then I have to get used to the idea that she may take roles I'm not comfortable with. I know she is one smart young woman she also has to learn what is right for her and what is not. She does has a strong sense of self and what is right and wrong. This role might lead to a place here. And If that what she wants then by all means Do it.

People Good thoughts one way or another.
I'm a mother in conflict.

4 comments:

Marla said...

What a lot to think about!

It was banned in Toronto because there was fear it would offend members of the Jewish community.

Send her photos to me at my gmail address (peagood at g mail dot com)and I'll have Steve work on them. It's what he does for a living - well, ads, but he used to do Elmer Olsen's head shots thirteen years ago. Just let me know what size you want.

Marla said...

And I shouldn't have said banned - CanStage chose not to go with it for that reason.

Silver Creek Mom said...

Thanks Marla. Do you think Steve would really do this?

Email me. I think you still have it.

Silver Creek Mom said...

Why would it offend the Jewish community? You see I have no clue about stuff like this.