About Me

My photo
I am a MATURE student in life and University. I am a mom to a 21 year old Daughter(How did that happen?) and university student. Mom to a busy 10-year-old boy. Wife of Jack-of-all trades for 29 years. Sister and friend to many. Sharon just lucky I guess.

“Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.” Oscar Wilde

"Be yourself; everyone else is already taken." Oscar Wilde

Welcome to my new and improved Blog.


I decided it was time for a change!

I write this Blog for me, no one else, just me. It is a way to think outloud, and to share my experiences with the world. Maybe some will be interested and some will not, and who knows, I might figure something out myself. I will talk about whatever comes to my mind, and sometimes it is hard for me to do, but I will do it anyway.

I enjoy photography so you will see a lot of my work. I love to read and you will see quotes from my favorite authors. Generally follow my life as try to obtain my undergrad in Art History and English at Carleton University.

Please read, enjoy and comment, open disscussion is welcome.

Tuesday, May 06, 2008

While waiting for brewing coffee

Waiting again.
For my morning cup of coffee. Since we bought a coffee maker I make one cup a day and add some of that french vanilla fat free creamer. Yum.
But instead of wasting my time I took a walk with my camera.
Nice way to enjoy a beautiful May morning.
I took a walk on the neighbours side of the fence. We have a 100 acre farm and it is very seldom I take a walk on someone elses property. Something I have not done since I was a kid.
I felt they would not mind and they are not back from their Winter
Winter home in TO.
Here's what I saw.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Yup wild leeks or wild garlic depending where your from. I personally don't like them but I know hundreds would tresspass to get to these and they are becomeing harder and harder to find since it takes them about 7 years to get established and grow. These are young the shoots are pretty tender. I, personally am not a fan of these. They are quite safe from me and I won't telling anyone where they are growing. My little secret. Live and let live.

Photobucket
Interesting Branch

I just walked. And looked. Things have grown up a lot but I can see that from my living room window. It's one of my favorite views from the house. Once I even saw a deer grazing in the little meadow, no such luck today. I did enjoy my 20 minute tromp through that area and at one time I would have felt great guilt for tresspassing, but today I felt no such thing. What harm was I doing? Just enjoying a small piece of land I haven't been in awhile.

Photobucket
Birches


Photobucket
The infamous Silver Creek. I have not seen this part of the creek since I was a kid and used to cross it to go to the neighbours farm, just up the other side.

This is an old hen house. I can see it most of the year but very seldom I can get that close to it. It one of the reason we built the house where we did.
Tub of trees
All things return to the earth. Slowly but surely.

Broken Glass
Inside the hen house...Glass... and years and years of leaves.

Photobucket
Enjoy this beautiful day.
Take a walk.
See what you can see.

1 comment:

BeachMama said...

Your last two posts are fantastic. Both for the photos (love the red trillium) and for the essence of waiting..... While I wait I surf, the net that is. I used to just wait,now I find something to occupy my hands.. the computer, knitting, baby, J, something... I don't like waiting anymore.