About Me

My photo
I am a MATURE student in life and University. I am a mom to a 21 year old Daughter(How did that happen?) and university student. Mom to a busy 10-year-old boy. Wife of Jack-of-all trades for 29 years. Sister and friend to many. Sharon just lucky I guess.

“Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.” Oscar Wilde

"Be yourself; everyone else is already taken." Oscar Wilde

Welcome to my new and improved Blog.


I decided it was time for a change!

I write this Blog for me, no one else, just me. It is a way to think outloud, and to share my experiences with the world. Maybe some will be interested and some will not, and who knows, I might figure something out myself. I will talk about whatever comes to my mind, and sometimes it is hard for me to do, but I will do it anyway.

I enjoy photography so you will see a lot of my work. I love to read and you will see quotes from my favorite authors. Generally follow my life as try to obtain my undergrad in Art History and English at Carleton University.

Please read, enjoy and comment, open disscussion is welcome.

Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Rain and University

We had one heck of a thunderstorm here last night and I always like how the water beads on plants after it's all said and done. Not that it hasn't rained here it seems to be raining every day. My flowers are amazing! But so are the weeds.
Here are just a few shots.
Photobucket

Delicate

Cedar in the sun

peonies and drops

Waterdrops

after the rain

I contacted the University yesterday to see if I could get Crefits for some of the classes I took at CEGEP. They are going to look into it. I think today I will accept Admission so I'm ready for next week when I can pick my classes. I'm excited and scared all at the same time and I will be that way till after the first semester is over. Once I know how I can handle it all. There are so many choices. A number of Photography classes too. Histroy of and how digtal world has influenced art. That would be an awesome class I think. I have to get a student advisor to know what I should take to have a well rounded BA. I think the photography would be a big help in teaching in a modern world. Digital camera's have changed things a lot since their introduction.

Well off to do some dishes. Ah yes that mudane stuff is stull part of life. Groan.

4 comments:

twinmomplusone said...

beautiful photos! funny thing is I went out with my camera after the showers too!

gotta go do dishes too

BeachMama said...

Gorgeous photos Sharon! Funny because my next photo project was going to be 'green'. I love your raindrops.

I am excited for your classes too. If only I had gotten a student advisor way back when (or even knew they existed) I may have changed my BA slightly. You are doing all the right things so far.

kimby said...

Great photos!
My classes are officially picked..so I am now..a REAL STUDENT!
I have to go and pick up a new student card, since the one from 22 years ago will not do. That and i have no idea where it is.
I am with you on the scared and excited thing...I just want September to hurry and get here!

jo(e) said...

Those raindrop shots are gorgeous!