About Me

My photo
I am a MATURE student in life and University. I am a mom to a 21 year old Daughter(How did that happen?) and university student. Mom to a busy 10-year-old boy. Wife of Jack-of-all trades for 29 years. Sister and friend to many. Sharon just lucky I guess.

“Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.” Oscar Wilde

"Be yourself; everyone else is already taken." Oscar Wilde

Welcome to my new and improved Blog.


I decided it was time for a change!

I write this Blog for me, no one else, just me. It is a way to think outloud, and to share my experiences with the world. Maybe some will be interested and some will not, and who knows, I might figure something out myself. I will talk about whatever comes to my mind, and sometimes it is hard for me to do, but I will do it anyway.

I enjoy photography so you will see a lot of my work. I love to read and you will see quotes from my favorite authors. Generally follow my life as try to obtain my undergrad in Art History and English at Carleton University.

Please read, enjoy and comment, open disscussion is welcome.

Monday, June 09, 2008

Return from the Festival

Photobucket
William.

It was a great trip.
One I hope to repeat again and again.

Queen's Inn at Stratford
The hotel room was right down town minutes walk from all the theatres and shopping and great meals.

Photobucket
As soon as we arrived and checked in we went to walk by the River. A great way to unwind.

Festival Theatre
Festival Theatre
Taming of the Shrew was awesome and the costumes were amazing. Plus we were in the front row. We could see the spit flying everywhere. When you speak Shakepearian english it seems to be juicy. Miranda was so thrilled to be that close to the action.
We decided at the last mintue to see Carbaret. Awesome production but we had lousy seats, although that didn't distract too much from the stage. Then our favorite was The Music Man. 2nd row, mid row We could see the orchestra pit.
Then came the downpour we were caught in going back to the room.
Talk about being wet. We laughed till we cried in that one. All dressed up and getting drenched.
I wold have liked to see one more play, but maybe we will go back for another round in late summer.
Hamlet is a must according to everyone who has seen it.

Miranda drinking sparkling Lemonade
In a wonderful Pizza place with the best pizza evar!


Timothy Findley
Then we realize that this resturant was frequent by Miranda's favorite author Timothy Findley

We all had a great time. I'm glad to be back. One day I hope to be seeing Miranda walk down these stairs as she starts her first day at Startford Festival Theatre.
Stage Door
This is my favorite shot of the whole trip.

I would love to go back and seen Hamlet. We didn't have the time to do it. BUT maybe when we pop down to see my Brother in law who is moving to the area this summer. How can one more play hurt?

OH
And when I got back I had an email stating that I start University in the Fall. I've been accepted to Carleton U!!!!!

2 comments:

kimby said...

YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
We will be going to school together!
(ok, i realize that we are HOURS away from each other, but together in spirit!)

Congrats to you....we are gonna ROCK this University thing!

The pictures are wonderful, and the pic with Miranda is a beautiful look into the future.
I am hoping to get up there for a show or two this season....who knows, maybe we will be there at the same time?

BeachMama said...

Fabulous photos Sharon. And I am so glad you had such a great time.

and to have your letter waiting for you on your return is just the best. I hope you have fun planning your return to school this summer.