About Me

My photo
I am a MATURE student in life and University. I am a mom to a 21 year old Daughter(How did that happen?) and university student. Mom to a busy 10-year-old boy. Wife of Jack-of-all trades for 29 years. Sister and friend to many. Sharon just lucky I guess.

“Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.” Oscar Wilde

"Be yourself; everyone else is already taken." Oscar Wilde

Welcome to my new and improved Blog.


I decided it was time for a change!

I write this Blog for me, no one else, just me. It is a way to think outloud, and to share my experiences with the world. Maybe some will be interested and some will not, and who knows, I might figure something out myself. I will talk about whatever comes to my mind, and sometimes it is hard for me to do, but I will do it anyway.

I enjoy photography so you will see a lot of my work. I love to read and you will see quotes from my favorite authors. Generally follow my life as try to obtain my undergrad in Art History and English at Carleton University.

Please read, enjoy and comment, open disscussion is welcome.

Thursday, June 19, 2008

Ups and Downs

SIGH.

I had a great afternoon yesterday. I really did. I learn alot about Greek Artifacts and had got to enjoy it with a great friend. I learned so much not to mention the awesome jewerely and Urns. WOW.

Then I come home.
First I learn that my sister who was in the hospital, didn't know about her daughters kindergarten graduation. The child had NO ONE There to take pictures. Apparently a numbe rof the parents thought it was today. The date was wrong on the letter. NOT the Day. So many kids felt so bad because mommy or daddy wasn't there. I would ahve went baslistic. AND if Ihad thought about it I could have canceled my plans and been there for my niece. It breaks my heart that she had no one there. The school should not have made a mistake like that. It's Something those kids remember for the rest of their lives. I was a bad aunt to boot.

Then I check my emails. I was hoping to get transfer credits from CEGEP. Apparently my marks in art history were not high enough to do this. EVEN though most of my marks were over 80 in all the pratical stuff. Painting, Drawing...sigh. This sets me back quite abit. I was expecting 2 if not 3 credits. NOW I have to retake the courses. I'm more dissapointed in myself than anything. If I had worked harder and gotten 2 % higher I would have those damn credits. So I have no one but myself to blame. They also suggested since I have been out of school for awhile...25 years, to take the first year seminar. These are smaller classes given to first years to teach them how to work in University. I think I might do that. It gives me a whole credit that I would have had to take outside the major. I tought about taking two courses in the fall now. But Jack feels I should still take one. He doesn't want to me quit my job just yet. I would ahve to if I took 2 classes. I planned on taking classes all year round so I can do my B.A in the same time just in a more managable way. I'm not sure what to do but I should figure that out before I pick the classes next Tuesday!

Needless to say my excitement has dulled abit. Quite abit.

Photo of the day. I need to get me a marco lens.

Photobucket

2 comments:

twinmomplusone said...

great outing sista!

as for the university thing, one step at a time and who knows, maybe starting from scratch is ultimately a good thing BUT don't get discouraged, go for it!

BeachMama said...

I knew you went with TwinMom ;).

Sorry about your niece, the school should really do something to make up for their mistake.

As for school, I agree with TwinMom, don't be discouraged. It isn't your mark really but the fact that 20 odd years have passed. Perhaps it is good to start with a clean slate and you never know there may be new stuff out there to learn in these classes :).