About Me

My photo
I am a MATURE student in life and University. I am a mom to a 21 year old Daughter(How did that happen?) and university student. Mom to a busy 10-year-old boy. Wife of Jack-of-all trades for 29 years. Sister and friend to many. Sharon just lucky I guess.

“Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.” Oscar Wilde

"Be yourself; everyone else is already taken." Oscar Wilde

Welcome to my new and improved Blog.


I decided it was time for a change!

I write this Blog for me, no one else, just me. It is a way to think outloud, and to share my experiences with the world. Maybe some will be interested and some will not, and who knows, I might figure something out myself. I will talk about whatever comes to my mind, and sometimes it is hard for me to do, but I will do it anyway.

I enjoy photography so you will see a lot of my work. I love to read and you will see quotes from my favorite authors. Generally follow my life as try to obtain my undergrad in Art History and English at Carleton University.

Please read, enjoy and comment, open disscussion is welcome.

Friday, July 18, 2008

Playing Tourist

This summer I decided to take advantage of Miranda working downtown to show Nathan the sights. Yesterday we did a Double Decker bus tour.
Photobucket
Our Bus and my little man waiting to get on.

Nathan was Free and I was $20.00 for an hour 1/2. I must say I loved the tour and learned alot.
As you would expect I took alot of pictures. We did the tour which took us to Gatineau(Hull) and we could get on and off the bus at any of the museums and then back on when we wanted. What a way to see the city!
My Handsome Man
Waiting to leave.
sparks
By Sparks street.
The tour leaves from Sparks and Elgin all day long.

Nathan and I opted to stay for the full tour which was alot of fun and Nathan did alot of talking to anyone who would listen. LMAO!
watching
He wanted to sit near the front but where he could hold on but yet see out. He was alittle nervous.

We're Higher than a city bus
Higher than a city bus

Peace Tower
The Peace Tower even looked different from the top of a double decker!

Listening
Listening to our tour guide before talking her ear off again.


We watched boats coming through the Rideau Locks and talked to a soilder.
Photobucket
This poor guy was so bored no one was talking to him and then he met Nathan!
Buddies
They both have the same smile and Nathan loved him.

Photobucket
He wanted Nathan to wear his hat but Nathan kept saying no...it's yours. LOL!

Photobucket
The Soilder was explaining how the locks work to Nathan. He was watching and would not leave till the boats were up and away!


We had a nice supper in a resturtant where he tried to pick up his first Waitress. He even gave her our address since she was working last night so she could come today. Tooo funny!

The took in the Sounds and Lights show on Parliement Hill. Then after to finish the day we went to Tim Hortons to pick up Miranda and come home. I show you those pictures and more in another blog another day. I only took 250 shots... and so many good ones. ;)
It was a good day with my little man, and that's what he is becoming.
I totally enjoy my dates with my son.

3 comments:

twinmomplusone said...

how fun! Did something similar with the twins a few weeks back: walked around the parliament buildings (the cats were a hit) spent over an hour at the locks, took a boat ride down the canal, lunch and walk about at the byward market...nothing like being a tourist in one's own city :)

And great pics, as usual ;)

Silver Creek Mom said...

Thanks, it was great fun. And where is your Pictures?

kimby said...

I miss Ottawa! We want to take the kids up there now that Buggy is older. For History nuts like we are, there is no better city!

Munch and I had a date the other day as well. The whole time we were talking i just kept thinking.what happened to my baby? He is soooo grown up now. The teen-aged girl checking him out on the bus just confirmed it. (he didn't notice her, so i still have a bit longer to go....thank goodness!)