About Me

My photo
I am a MATURE student in life and University. I am a mom to a 21 year old Daughter(How did that happen?) and university student. Mom to a busy 10-year-old boy. Wife of Jack-of-all trades for 29 years. Sister and friend to many. Sharon just lucky I guess.

“Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.” Oscar Wilde

"Be yourself; everyone else is already taken." Oscar Wilde

Welcome to my new and improved Blog.


I decided it was time for a change!

I write this Blog for me, no one else, just me. It is a way to think outloud, and to share my experiences with the world. Maybe some will be interested and some will not, and who knows, I might figure something out myself. I will talk about whatever comes to my mind, and sometimes it is hard for me to do, but I will do it anyway.

I enjoy photography so you will see a lot of my work. I love to read and you will see quotes from my favorite authors. Generally follow my life as try to obtain my undergrad in Art History and English at Carleton University.

Please read, enjoy and comment, open disscussion is welcome.

Tuesday, August 05, 2008

A Blast From The Past

A Blast it was.

Let me explain.

I have been retyping my notes from CEGEP, my Art Histroy notes, to get me and ready for starting University in September. And of course, in doing this I was wondering what had happened to some of my classmates from that time, who couldn't do the"what are they doing now? " These 2 have remained in my memories. We did art classes together and art history. There was not alot of us but these 2 were the ones I seems to be with the most. (and in all honesty I can't remember the others names)

As you may or may not know I am a Self Proclaimed FaceBook Nut. I have a Facebook but I don't usually search out people. I'm of the attitude that you know if they want to find me they will, and I only joined FB from peer pressuring from my friend Nancy...if she only knew what a montser she was creating. ;)

And so as I was typing away I though I would search out these two people JUST say hey and catch up. And if they didn't have a FB or didn't want to get in touch that would be fine too. But I had to know. Strange for me of all people to do this but I did.

I sent the search off and a both names came up and off went the messages, and low and behold after an hour I had a response from one! And she was in the country (she has moved to the island with the sun) to be in Ottawa in the next few days and would love to meet for coffee!

Photobucket
A busker on Sparks Street.

We planned to meet on Sparks Street and amid Busker Fest. With our boys, of which she has 3...Drummer Boy, Curly Red Boy, which took all my effort not to run my fingers through and young Boy with the dancing eyes! Would we know each other? Pictures are not a great indication on FB of what we look like, but I reconginized her in a heartbeat. She has not changed much and she is still the one of the nicest people I have ever met. She is still into all things artsy and we loved connecting on that level. We are both photography nuts and she has a Camera I can only dream about... and dream I will! ONE day. ONE DAY!


Diane's boys and mine
In this shot from left to right
Boy with the Dancing Blue Eyes, Drummer Boy, Nathan, & Curly Red Boy


We enjoyed a couple of hours together, the boys enjoyed each other and had a great time and I introduced her to a Timmy's Ice Cap made by Miranda, who made it a supreme! Imagine living where there is no Timmy's?! Then we parted with the promise to stay in touch. I could see us totally just sitting and chatting over a nice dinner, one day I think we will do that.

PhotobucketBoy with the dancing blue eyes after his slide which we missed because Mom and I were chatting!



About to SLIDDDDEEEE!
Nathan on his way down.

Photobucket

sno coneLook at this wonderful sno cone!

So Thanks Friend who still loves Horses for taking the time to reconncet with me.


No comments: