About Me

My photo
I am a MATURE student in life and University. I am a mom to a 21 year old Daughter(How did that happen?) and university student. Mom to a busy 10-year-old boy. Wife of Jack-of-all trades for 29 years. Sister and friend to many. Sharon just lucky I guess.

“Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.” Oscar Wilde

"Be yourself; everyone else is already taken." Oscar Wilde

Welcome to my new and improved Blog.


I decided it was time for a change!

I write this Blog for me, no one else, just me. It is a way to think outloud, and to share my experiences with the world. Maybe some will be interested and some will not, and who knows, I might figure something out myself. I will talk about whatever comes to my mind, and sometimes it is hard for me to do, but I will do it anyway.

I enjoy photography so you will see a lot of my work. I love to read and you will see quotes from my favorite authors. Generally follow my life as try to obtain my undergrad in Art History and English at Carleton University.

Please read, enjoy and comment, open disscussion is welcome.

Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Miranda has started, Nathan is starting tomorrow and September 8th is my turn.

School that is.
Miranda has been back at CEGEP for a week now and LOVING IT. She said her mind was tuning into timbits the whole time she worked this past summer. Not enough stimulation. Never thought I would hear that coming out of mouth of one of my children! She is struggling to find a play to produce this year only because she is listening to others something she will have to stop and stop soon. Trying to please and she has to take charge and just say TOUGH. Hard for a girl to do but something we all have to learn.

Nathan starts school tomorrow so we are having a quiet day here. I do anything he asks but he seems quite happy just to be playing outside in the sun. He says he does not want to go back but I'm sure he will once the bus comes and he sees his bus buddy and his driver. And of Course I will be there to doument all of it for him.

My turn - is coming- Septmeber 8th is my first class. Scared as I am, I went and bought my text books yesterday. I've read one of the plays already that my First Year Seminar is on. I love it. I couldn't get an art histroy FYSM but this one is in English and I think it will be fun. The Professor was fun in answering my emailed questions about what is expected. He told me it would be writing intensive. And I'm sure it will be, and God knows I could use all the help I can get in writing.
I am really nervous about the new Student Orientation next week I wish I looked alot younger than I do so I could blend in. But I will go and I'm sure there will be one or two my age. Hey there is a BBQ free T- Shirts and I get to meet the staff and other students. OMG what will I wear? ;)

I just love the look of new books. I kept touching them and it took me awhile to open my text book. I just didn't want to run the beauty of the book as it is new. But I finally did and when I did Nathan said it was about time and it was mine. YES mine it is!
Textbooks

I quit my job at the school. I really need to focus on me and on Nathan when he gets home from school. I may do his library class if it is on a day I can go, but that's it from me.

I'm off to type some more notes and read abit more in my text book. It has some really interesting stuff. Might as well as I have to read it anyways!

No comments: