About Me

My photo
I am a MATURE student in life and University. I am a mom to a 21 year old Daughter(How did that happen?) and university student. Mom to a busy 10-year-old boy. Wife of Jack-of-all trades for 29 years. Sister and friend to many. Sharon just lucky I guess.

“Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.” Oscar Wilde

"Be yourself; everyone else is already taken." Oscar Wilde

Welcome to my new and improved Blog.


I decided it was time for a change!

I write this Blog for me, no one else, just me. It is a way to think outloud, and to share my experiences with the world. Maybe some will be interested and some will not, and who knows, I might figure something out myself. I will talk about whatever comes to my mind, and sometimes it is hard for me to do, but I will do it anyway.

I enjoy photography so you will see a lot of my work. I love to read and you will see quotes from my favorite authors. Generally follow my life as try to obtain my undergrad in Art History and English at Carleton University.

Please read, enjoy and comment, open disscussion is welcome.

Monday, August 18, 2008

Upper Canada Village

The problem with me is that I like to do things
Lots of things.
But what I like to do more than doing things is take pictures of the things I am doing.
And you my poor bloggy buds have to look at all my home photo's. Although I think it is better than all my home video. ;O)
So here a just a few of the 267 photo's I took that day, and the story to go with it.

Ferry Crossing
This is how our family trip started. With a trip across the ferry and a very foggy morning, but the fog blew off quickly and we were having one of the nicest days we have had all summer long.

Photobucket

After a few wrong turns and a few "When are we going to be there?"( by Nathan, who was so excited to be going somewhere with Daddy and Miranda the 2 hour drive was unbareable. We haven't done near of that this summer. ) He said looking at what he could see from the parking lot that there was nothing to do there.

Once we arrived and were greeted right away with a load of hay being delivered. Then Nathan said that there might something to do here. LOL! what a boy!

Photobucket
Of course Jack was thinking about food so we went to the hotel to see when Dinner would be served and we were told to be here and seated no later than 4:30. Jack seemed to want to have a meal in the 1860's.

Walking down the street
Nathan looked like he belonged here with his short pants and his hat.

Working the Lathe
The first place we went into was the Cabinet and furniture makers and he was working on a piece and got Nathan to come and push the pedal so he could work. Nathan loved helping of course.

Photobucket
Look at his eyes watching what was being done. this was a Trip Nathan loved. He learned so much and was in no hurry to leave. I love seeing how he absorbed it all.

Nathan and the gulls
We took a picnic and of course Nathan was fascinated by the Gulls and had to feed the birds. I guess it was better for him to do that they was way too many wasps around. Not good for him.

Tomorrow more of our day trip to Upper Canada Village!

No comments: