About Me

My photo
I am a MATURE student in life and University. I am a mom to a 21 year old Daughter(How did that happen?) and university student. Mom to a busy 10-year-old boy. Wife of Jack-of-all trades for 29 years. Sister and friend to many. Sharon just lucky I guess.

“Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.” Oscar Wilde

"Be yourself; everyone else is already taken." Oscar Wilde

Welcome to my new and improved Blog.


I decided it was time for a change!

I write this Blog for me, no one else, just me. It is a way to think outloud, and to share my experiences with the world. Maybe some will be interested and some will not, and who knows, I might figure something out myself. I will talk about whatever comes to my mind, and sometimes it is hard for me to do, but I will do it anyway.

I enjoy photography so you will see a lot of my work. I love to read and you will see quotes from my favorite authors. Generally follow my life as try to obtain my undergrad in Art History and English at Carleton University.

Please read, enjoy and comment, open disscussion is welcome.

Tuesday, September 02, 2008

A few weeks back

Nathan and I took a Photo Trip with our friend and favorite shutterbug Wendy. And we went to the Parliment Buildings for a tour. Wendy had never done this and I have done it a number of times and of course it was Nathan's first time. I was figuring we would not be able to take pictures inside the building but we were, just not in the security area and the Library. WOoo HOoo!

Peace Tower The Peace Tower


I have to say our buildings are beautiful. I love the stone work and the feel of the place. Nathan loved every minute and enjoyed being with Wendy all day taking pictures with my old point and shoot. I will put up some of his pictures in the future, he doesn't do half bad with a camera and enjoys it.

Here's a few I took of the day!
Photobucket The Senate


PhotobucketPortait of the Queen Mother that is outside the Senate. She is upstairs and lit up so when I took the shot it looked like she was standing in a window. I thought it looked cool.

Ceiling outside the House of Commoms The ceiling in the foyer of the House of Commons. It is beautiful

Beautiful glass Stained glass...so beautiful

Photobucket Nathan looking at the view from up in the Peace Tower

Photobucket What Nathan seen from one angle of the Tower, What a view!

The Clock The Clock

Wendy & Nathan Wendy and Nathan after a great day!

Thanks Wendy!

I go off to Academic Orientation tomorrow, and I start Classes on Monday! How scarey is that? I don't know if I'm doing the right thing but we will see.

No comments: