About Me

My photo
I am a MATURE student in life and University. I am a mom to a 21 year old Daughter(How did that happen?) and university student. Mom to a busy 10-year-old boy. Wife of Jack-of-all trades for 29 years. Sister and friend to many. Sharon just lucky I guess.

“Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.” Oscar Wilde

"Be yourself; everyone else is already taken." Oscar Wilde

Welcome to my new and improved Blog.


I decided it was time for a change!

I write this Blog for me, no one else, just me. It is a way to think outloud, and to share my experiences with the world. Maybe some will be interested and some will not, and who knows, I might figure something out myself. I will talk about whatever comes to my mind, and sometimes it is hard for me to do, but I will do it anyway.

I enjoy photography so you will see a lot of my work. I love to read and you will see quotes from my favorite authors. Generally follow my life as try to obtain my undergrad in Art History and English at Carleton University.

Please read, enjoy and comment, open disscussion is welcome.

Monday, September 29, 2008

Life is busy to say the least

This past weekend seems to be so productive for me.
Thursday night (I know not officially the weekend but when it started for me)
We washed and processed 11 crates of grapes, and I didn't take one blasted photo, Darn!
So the wine has been started.
Friday we processed ( a better term I think than the other) 25 chickens.
While I was waiting for the first to arrive looking store like, I cleaned the whole of the downstairs and made lunch and supper.
PLUS worked on my notes for my essay.
Saturday we processed 32 more chickens and no they are not all for us they are for us and 2 other people. We don't like the chickens from the stores or beef for that matter. SO we grow our own. We know how they are fed. NO CHEMICALS and Organic feed. So much better for us in the long run. I guess I am lucky to be able to do that. Also on Saturday I sold two more photographs. The one here and a new one. It really pays to blow them up to 8 x 10. I'm amazed at how things in this are going.
Sunday I worked all day on figuring out my essay outline, Only to have a workshop today that was interesting but scary all at the same time. I haven't written an essay in longer than ANY of these kids have been alive. I'm not sure I can argue a point. OH Sure I can argue face to face over a few glasses of wine, and sound damn right smart but on paper with smart people words. AND that's what he said use you vocabulary so you look smart. F.............
I'mmmmmmmmmmmm in trouble.
But I have Miranda to help me. Thanks GOD I have her.
Speaking of Miranda. She is a wonderful young woman. Yes parent PRIDE talking. She was talking to me about university yesterday and said she really doesn't want to move to far away. She wants to be close enough to come home every 2nd weekend to see her brother. She doesn't want to miss to much of his growing up. I had a lump in my throat. For her to say that speak VOLUMES of the person she is becoming. I am so proud.
Nathan on Friday came home an hour early and will be from now on.
They changed his bus route. He is now getting home at his old time of 3:05 instead of 4:10. MUCH better. You should see the smile on that boys face every day he gets off the bus. Much nicer and happier boy!
Well I've got to get back to that essay.
No one has that A paper pill yet.
Damn.

Hostas src="http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b189/photoshar/DSC_7712-1.jpg" border=0>
The other photo I sold.

Have a great week all, it's going to be intensive for me

No comments: