About Me

My photo
I am a MATURE student in life and University. I am a mom to a 21 year old Daughter(How did that happen?) and university student. Mom to a busy 10-year-old boy. Wife of Jack-of-all trades for 29 years. Sister and friend to many. Sharon just lucky I guess.

“Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.” Oscar Wilde

"Be yourself; everyone else is already taken." Oscar Wilde

Welcome to my new and improved Blog.


I decided it was time for a change!

I write this Blog for me, no one else, just me. It is a way to think outloud, and to share my experiences with the world. Maybe some will be interested and some will not, and who knows, I might figure something out myself. I will talk about whatever comes to my mind, and sometimes it is hard for me to do, but I will do it anyway.

I enjoy photography so you will see a lot of my work. I love to read and you will see quotes from my favorite authors. Generally follow my life as try to obtain my undergrad in Art History and English at Carleton University.

Please read, enjoy and comment, open disscussion is welcome.

Tuesday, September 09, 2008

University? Who ME?

Yesterday I had my first University class.
I wasn't as nervous as I thought I would be.
I arrived early got a Timmy's (they have 4 on campus and just opened a Starbucks, I'm in trouble!) Sat in the quad in the sun and watched the young ones walk by. Some interesting creatures to say the least.
I had more trouble figuring out what to wear. Trying to look young without looking stupid.
I had a little trouble finding the classroom but another young lady and I found it.
By the time we went in the class was 1/2 full. Nice start I guess.
But no Prof.
As we are waiting I chat with the young lady beside me she is very nice. I'm MOM age to all of them. No one my age but I didn't expect to see anyone in my age bracket.
Then in strides this young man in one well fitting suit.
Handsome...to say the least.
He was the professor.
NICE. ;)
If I had known they were that good looking I would have gone back to school years ago! :)
He's funny and easy to listen too with lots of info. Although I am still worried about how I will do in any class. It's so out of my field. I have never been great in English. This may be a struggle but let's see how it goes. I guess I will have to work hard till I get my first paper back which is on October 8th. Then I can judge how I am. It's the inclass stuff I am worried about the most.
I have never been strong in spelling and grammer. I sort of just wing it. And writing formally is forgien to me.
Yikes.
I wish they had a first year seminar in art history then I might not be so worried.
Ha! I'd be worried anyways.
Here's my first day of school picture.
Nathan took one and I used my timer and took another.
No comments about no smiles, I might not have been too nervous but I was nervous enough.
Off to do my homework for tomorrow's class.
Have a great day

Nathan's view of me
Nathan's shot of me.
That was the nicest part of my day. When I woke him up I told him he had to help me because I had myfirst class that day. He said to me ""Come here you!"he hugs me and says "You're going to do great!"What a boost of confidenice.

ME
What I actaully wore.

2 comments:

kimby said...

Can you believe it?
WE ARE IN SCHOOL!!!

Yeah for us....so lets dig in and work on those papers..( i have an english one due next week, and a religion due tomorrow-which is done)

You look very nice in your pics...and I could see us having coffee together..checking out the profs!

THETHINKINGSQUARE said...

You look great! Best of luck!