About Me

My photo
I am a MATURE student in life and University. I am a mom to a 21 year old Daughter(How did that happen?) and university student. Mom to a busy 10-year-old boy. Wife of Jack-of-all trades for 29 years. Sister and friend to many. Sharon just lucky I guess.

“Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.” Oscar Wilde

"Be yourself; everyone else is already taken." Oscar Wilde

Welcome to my new and improved Blog.


I decided it was time for a change!

I write this Blog for me, no one else, just me. It is a way to think outloud, and to share my experiences with the world. Maybe some will be interested and some will not, and who knows, I might figure something out myself. I will talk about whatever comes to my mind, and sometimes it is hard for me to do, but I will do it anyway.

I enjoy photography so you will see a lot of my work. I love to read and you will see quotes from my favorite authors. Generally follow my life as try to obtain my undergrad in Art History and English at Carleton University.

Please read, enjoy and comment, open disscussion is welcome.

Monday, October 27, 2008

It was not a good Friday

Do you ever have one of those days where you should have just stayed in bed?
Well Friday was one for me.
Nathan and I had an appointment at CHEO to see about his cast. We had gone in early due to the fact that his class was going on a field trip to the pumpkin farm and I wanted him to at least have some of it.
No problem said the receptionist. Went through to the Doctor first, she sent us off to have his cast removed. Back in less than 10 minutes and we waited.
And waited.
And waited.
Finally after asking many times when the Doctor would see us again, we were seen.
Now we were taken at 9 a.m. she finally REMEBERED US at 11p.m. She had forgotten and the receptionist did not reminder her I was there.
That really put a damper on the morning.
(OH! Nathan does not have a cast and is in bandages now and we go back in 2 weeks)
Then off to the pumpkim farm.
Got there after lunch so we really didn't eat.
He had a great time we did everything he wanted and played with his classmates and was happy to go back to the school on the bus.

As I was standing against a building, a child ran by and ran head first into me, which sent me and my camera into the building. AND low and behold my lens is F**Ked. It's on it's way to be fixed; so I'm working with my 50 mm now. I miss my lens.
Since Nathan was going home on the bus. I thought I had time to get gorceries and got home before Nathan.
Which I did.
ONLY to find out I had lost my house keys. (they had fallen off the ring)
And the spare was not where it was supposed to be...my mistake, I had taken it and left it in the house. SIGH.
I called Jack and get him to come home early on a Friday and only realize when he gets there that HE DOESN'T HAVE A KEY EITHER. We never got one made for the new car key ring.
We now all have new keys, including Miranda who has never needed one before.
Luckly we got a window open and shoved Miranda through the window and she let us in.
And to finish off the day, Nathan was in pain most of the evening. I supposed it was from using his hand after it had not been used in a few weeks. NOPE. The Doctor had wrapped his fingers too tight and had cut the circulation off. He was much better after I changed them.

I had a glass of wine that night.

And of course here are a few shots I took before my lens was broken.

Reflection 3

Reflection

ICE and leaves

1 comment:

Angela Klocke said...

Oh goodness...I feel your pains!

The shots are great, though :)