About Me

My photo
I am a MATURE student in life and University. I am a mom to a 21 year old Daughter(How did that happen?) and university student. Mom to a busy 10-year-old boy. Wife of Jack-of-all trades for 29 years. Sister and friend to many. Sharon just lucky I guess.

“Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.” Oscar Wilde

"Be yourself; everyone else is already taken." Oscar Wilde

Welcome to my new and improved Blog.


I decided it was time for a change!

I write this Blog for me, no one else, just me. It is a way to think outloud, and to share my experiences with the world. Maybe some will be interested and some will not, and who knows, I might figure something out myself. I will talk about whatever comes to my mind, and sometimes it is hard for me to do, but I will do it anyway.

I enjoy photography so you will see a lot of my work. I love to read and you will see quotes from my favorite authors. Generally follow my life as try to obtain my undergrad in Art History and English at Carleton University.

Please read, enjoy and comment, open disscussion is welcome.

Thursday, October 23, 2008

Photos on Friday

I See that Fridays are pretty busy lately so here's some more shots I took this week.
I'm catching up on notes and doing housework stuff.
I also got the dreaded first essay paper back. My attitude for the paper was write something, anything, even though I had no clue what I was really doing. So when it was handed to me I put it away and went out to my car and looked at it. It was what I expected. Not great but not a failing grade either. C+
Considering I have forgotten most of the grammar rules and haven't written a paper in longer than all of those kids have been alive, I did ok. I have an appointment with my Proffessor to go through it with a fine toothed comb and help me improve it for my next paper due December 1st. I am ok with it and I have no where to go but up from here. I wasn't even too upset. I would have been way back when. Apparently some did not get a passing grade and there has been some tears. I told my professor I wouldn't cry... much.

Tomorrow Nathan has another appointment at CHEO and then off to the pumpkin patch where his class will be.

Here are some of the promised photos
So enjoy!
Photobucket
Dawn

Photobucket
I love the mist on the water

Walk 1
Sunlight

Raccoons
Raccoons just happened into the shot

Photobucket
Frost on the fields

Frost on burdock
Burdock

1 comment:

BeachMama said...

Great shots, I too love mist on the water.

C+ is an excellent mark, especially since you haven't written a paper in a long time. Don't beat yourself up too much and just go for it again on your next one.