About Me

My photo
I am a MATURE student in life and University. I am a mom to a 21 year old Daughter(How did that happen?) and university student. Mom to a busy 10-year-old boy. Wife of Jack-of-all trades for 29 years. Sister and friend to many. Sharon just lucky I guess.

“Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.” Oscar Wilde

"Be yourself; everyone else is already taken." Oscar Wilde

Welcome to my new and improved Blog.


I decided it was time for a change!

I write this Blog for me, no one else, just me. It is a way to think outloud, and to share my experiences with the world. Maybe some will be interested and some will not, and who knows, I might figure something out myself. I will talk about whatever comes to my mind, and sometimes it is hard for me to do, but I will do it anyway.

I enjoy photography so you will see a lot of my work. I love to read and you will see quotes from my favorite authors. Generally follow my life as try to obtain my undergrad in Art History and English at Carleton University.

Please read, enjoy and comment, open disscussion is welcome.

Wednesday, October 08, 2008

What a week!

It has not been good around here. First I had to get my essay done and also there is 100 other things that need to be done around here too.
And of course when you have something that has to be done, all heck breaks loose.
Last Saturday we had a number of people here splitting wood.
I had to feed them. Not a big deal but it took much needed time away from my essay.
After lunch I struggled along with it.
Around 6 p.m. the SHIT hit the fan.
I hear running feet, that hit the porch and if you have one you know how it echos though the house.
I hear my BIL race in and say..."Sharon, Jack needs you! There has been an Accident! We need Nathan's medical card and the keys to the car!"
First off Accident was bad enough but then to hear Nathan name in the second sentence would make any mom go nuts.
Although I was shaken I kept my calm. I had to to keep Jack and Nathan calm.
Nathan's finger was bleeding and badly cut, or so I thought and it looked like 2 fingers were badly hurt with it. The poor little guy was going into shock with the pain. But I have to say he was a pretty brave little man.
OH what happened...
He had got his fingers squeezed in the wood splitter.
Nathan has been around this piece of equipment all his life and he knows that any piece of equipment is a danger and to keep hands off. What he was doing I have no clue but he got his had caught somewhere on the piston. At least not where the wedge was. THAT could have been alot worse.
We raced off the CHEO
The Ferry when we told them what had happended stopped other cars from coming on and raced us across the river with both motors. WONDERFUL PEOPLE! A big MERCI from us.
At CHEO People waiting in line to see the tirage nurse moved us to the front when they seen blood. THANK YOU whoever you were and thanks for rubbing my back when I finally allowed myself to break. We were fast tracked though admitting and Xray and then to the surgeon. No he did not need surgery even though two of the bones in his fingers are cracked, and the finger he had cut was more just skin scraped off. So it was not a open wound. No stiches needed. He is in a 1/2 cast and we go on Friday for another xray. Jack is feeling an enormous amount of gulit being that he turned his head for a sec and this happens. I'm just thankful he still has fingers that has no nerve or tendon damage. I am so thankful we have this hospital and I hope I never have to need it again!

As for my essay, I handed it in today. Explaining the use of setting to support the theme of William Faulkner's "A Rose for Emily"Be what it may. I take the mark I get and learn from it and get better on the next one. But I can see that my university life is going to be an adventure in time mangement and family life and the unexpected.

Photo of the day.
Photobucket
Nathan all wrapped up

No comments: