About Me

My photo
I am a MATURE student in life and University. I am a mom to a 21 year old Daughter(How did that happen?) and university student. Mom to a busy 10-year-old boy. Wife of Jack-of-all trades for 29 years. Sister and friend to many. Sharon just lucky I guess.

“Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.” Oscar Wilde

"Be yourself; everyone else is already taken." Oscar Wilde

Welcome to my new and improved Blog.


I decided it was time for a change!

I write this Blog for me, no one else, just me. It is a way to think outloud, and to share my experiences with the world. Maybe some will be interested and some will not, and who knows, I might figure something out myself. I will talk about whatever comes to my mind, and sometimes it is hard for me to do, but I will do it anyway.

I enjoy photography so you will see a lot of my work. I love to read and you will see quotes from my favorite authors. Generally follow my life as try to obtain my undergrad in Art History and English at Carleton University.

Please read, enjoy and comment, open disscussion is welcome.

Saturday, January 03, 2009

2009...lets be a wonderful year.

2009 is here.
I hope it will be a wondeful year for all. No more than the usual ups and down and enough with the illnesses my friends and family have been dealing with.
I brought in the New Year with a nasty cold and flu. Let's hope it's the last one for 2009.
I had my sister and her family and one Close Friend and hers.
It was a maskquared Party...everyone made a mask and wore it for all to view. It was great. Some Original idea's but this pair took the cake. Our Winners!
Winners
Yes that is my face and my butt on those masks... You can't imgine how much we all laughed! WE just about died! Tooo funny!

I start back to school Monday adding another course. I take my first Art History Class. I am hoping people will let me get things done alot more than they did when I just had one class. I have talked, but has anyone listened. That is the frustrating part, they all expect me to do all the things I used to do and my classes. We will see.

Here are the wonderful things I got for Christmas. I'm not sure about the case...I may return that for a backpack. It's what I wanted but my husband seems to think I can hike carrying this.
HUH?

Case
The Case...
http://www.pelican.com/case_category.php?CaseSize=%25&New=New
Case Open
My camera case open

Tripod
My AWESOME TRIPOD!

Jewels
These are some of what I picked out in trade for the pearls I returned. I love these. They are more my style than a string of pearls... Check them out at www.zinzi.ca beautiful stuff. I guess I'm not a classic girl.

I'm looking forward to all the adventures I will have in 2009.
My resolution for 2009 is to look at all the adversity that I may come across with a smile and a you not going to get me down attitude.

May you do the same.
HUGS

2 comments:

BeachMama said...

Awesome stash ;). I really like the pearls you picked out. When I originally looked I thought you picked the more jeweled one. Those will look great on you.

The case is pretty strong. Could you keep it for storage and travels and get a small backpack for when you are out and about? Otherwise, I would trade it as it is a bit much, I agree.

Here's to 2009!

THETHINKINGSQUARE said...

All the best for 2009! I love the zinzi jewelery.