About Me

My photo
I am a MATURE student in life and University. I am a mom to a 21 year old Daughter(How did that happen?) and university student. Mom to a busy 10-year-old boy. Wife of Jack-of-all trades for 29 years. Sister and friend to many. Sharon just lucky I guess.

“Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.” Oscar Wilde

"Be yourself; everyone else is already taken." Oscar Wilde

Welcome to my new and improved Blog.


I decided it was time for a change!

I write this Blog for me, no one else, just me. It is a way to think outloud, and to share my experiences with the world. Maybe some will be interested and some will not, and who knows, I might figure something out myself. I will talk about whatever comes to my mind, and sometimes it is hard for me to do, but I will do it anyway.

I enjoy photography so you will see a lot of my work. I love to read and you will see quotes from my favorite authors. Generally follow my life as try to obtain my undergrad in Art History and English at Carleton University.

Please read, enjoy and comment, open disscussion is welcome.

Friday, February 27, 2009

Playbill

Well Opeing night was a sucess!
Miranda's directoral debut was amazing.
She is putting on The Cripple of Inishmaan.
It's a play by Martin McDonagh and it is very funny and sad at the time.
BUT as my daughter does she is seeing things she could have done better, but don't we all when we put our heart and soul into something. I think with the amount of help and the little bit of time that she had to perfect this she did amazingly well. One has to remember she is acting and taking a full load at school at the same time as well as running the Drama club at school which is putting on 3 plays this year. Honestly I don't know how she does it. She is very tired but I think she will be glad to sit and act in a Midsummer Nights Dream last week of March...that is where she shines and she will as Robin Goodfellow!
And as usual I was there to take a few pictures. I got up close and used my 50 mm lens so I could get truer colour and not as many blurred shots , it seemed to work. I'll take some more on Closing night.
Cripple Billy
Cripple Billy

Johnnypateen and Auntie Eileen
Johnnypateen and Auntie Eileen

Cripple Billy Johnnypateen and Auntie Kate
Cripple Billy, Johnnypateen and Auntie Kate

Helen and Billy
Helen and Billy

Dr. McSherry and Johnnypateen
Dr McSherry and Johnnypateen

Bartley
Bartley

Mammy, Her loving son and the good Doctor
Mammy, her loving son and the good Doctor

Johnnypateem
Johnny was a pretty funny, and believe it or not, ended up being a caring guy.

I have recieved my marks on my last English Essay. SIGH...I should listen to my inner voice. I said at one point while writing it, I think I've said this before. Jack said "I think you're repeating youself here"and I did. Both Jack and my Professor say I doing fine and it is going to take some time to get my marks up where I want them. Professor Handsome said "I don't want to make this sound like a pep talk but you are getting strong in the way you express yourself and You throughts and argues are very good. Keep going" He is right and I am there for the long haul. I had just set goals for myself and I am not meeting them, so I guess it might take me a little longer. I keep going up in my marks but not by as much as I would like. Now I'm waiting on my art history mid term mark which I am to get on Monday. I was hoping to get the mark before the class. I'm very nervous.

Well off to shower and get some food in this house, and work on my outlines for both Art History and English essay. Before you know it it will be the end of the term.

I may not be on much (not like I have lately anyways) I must work hard on all this maybe I can do even better than the last time.
Enjoy the shots all.

1 comment:

BeachMama said...

Hope the second night was as successful.

Sorry your English marks weren't what you wanted but, I think you are doing really well for your first year back in school. Once you have written another paper or two you will have a good groove going and be able to write them in your sleep.