About Me

My photo
I am a MATURE student in life and University. I am a mom to a 21 year old Daughter(How did that happen?) and university student. Mom to a busy 10-year-old boy. Wife of Jack-of-all trades for 29 years. Sister and friend to many. Sharon just lucky I guess.

“Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.” Oscar Wilde

"Be yourself; everyone else is already taken." Oscar Wilde

Welcome to my new and improved Blog.


I decided it was time for a change!

I write this Blog for me, no one else, just me. It is a way to think outloud, and to share my experiences with the world. Maybe some will be interested and some will not, and who knows, I might figure something out myself. I will talk about whatever comes to my mind, and sometimes it is hard for me to do, but I will do it anyway.

I enjoy photography so you will see a lot of my work. I love to read and you will see quotes from my favorite authors. Generally follow my life as try to obtain my undergrad in Art History and English at Carleton University.

Please read, enjoy and comment, open disscussion is welcome.

Wednesday, April 22, 2009

I'm back

Sorry I have been so out of touch lately but I knew if I wrote a post I would be taking time from something else, mainly my studying.
Now I am waiting for final exam grades to come in and my final grades for my first two courses.
I am playing with the idea of doing a double degree one in Art History of course and one in English. I have spoken to my English Professor and he says he is sure I would be able to do it. I was glad to hear it. He is excited for me, I just need to get that grammar, grant you he said that was coming too but the course would fine tune it and since I can't take one at the University I can do it on my own and on Friday I am going to check out the Grammar courses in some of the Grammar books. That is what I will be doing from now till I take His American Lit course in the late summer. (plus another Art History course) Yes I am doing that with him, I figured who knows me better and is willing to help me get this B+ into an A range. Monday, I will talk to the advisorys at the school to see what I need to do or if I can do what I have in mind. This has totally blown my mind, I never thought I would ever enjoy an English class as much as I have. I know I didn't enjoy it in high school or even CEGEP but I certainly do now. I don't intend to write poetry or novels but I do enjoy knowing what was going on in the minds of the greatest writers of our times, what they were trying to comment on. We shall see. Nothing is set in stone yet.

I have been to Montreal and back last weekend. (studying when I could) Miranda was auditioning at Concordia University for the Theatre Performance program. She was nerveous and thought she would not get a callback. It turns out she did. We were thrilled. Sunday the 35 people did workshops all the next day and now we wait and see if she gets into the program. We should know shortly. Apparently 150 people auditoned 35 got callbacks and 16 to 18 get into the program. It's a tough program. And they say they have to work hard and give 100 %. She is ready...now all we need is the call. Positive vibes please. While I was done there I got to go out for supper with a dear Friend in the old part of the City. I love that area and the Resturant was awesome totally enjoyed my meal and the company. If you are ever in Montreal go to Le Vieux Port...great food.

As promised oh soo long ago some more photo's of Midsummer Nights Dream

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

No comments: